Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Let the Season Begin!

Also, Eli played pretty well, if it wasn't for those drops, the Giants probably would have won that game. The Giants defense doesn't look anywhere near what it was in the play offs either, but hey, this is the Giants. Slow starters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Also, Eli played pretty well, if it wasn't for those drops, the Giants probably would have won that game. The Giants defense doesn't look anywhere near what it was in the play offs either, but hey, this is the Giants. Slow starters.
    Yup.

I also thought they yanked David Wilson too soon. The fumble was a big error on his part and definitely needs to be addressed, but he has that homerun threat that Ahmad Bradshaw doesn't have. I think they should have kept Wilson in the game a bit more.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Eli did have that one big miss that would have been the touchdown they needed late in the game. He had a wide open guy and just over threw the ball.

Blog Entries

I'm wondering if last year was just a mirage, because of the lock out. Towards the end of last season, defenses where starting to catch on and shut down other offenses. Maybe we'll start seeing more teams getting back to the run game a little more this year.
    I don't think so because many teams just can't run. They don't have fullbacks or tight ends who can block. They'll just throw quick short passes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I don't think so because many teams just can't run. They don't have fullbacks or tight ends who can block. They'll just throw quick short passes.
    I agree.

Teams that can run, do...but most just don't operate that way. It also really depends on what kind of receivers and QB a team has.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

What about Demarcco Murray though? What a steal this guy is turning out to be for the Cowboys (and me). I was kind of reluctant taking him, because of his rookie year perhaps being nothing but a mirage, but he really looks like the real deal to me.

Blog Entries

What about Demarcco Murray though? What a steal this guy is turning out to be for the Cowboys (and me). I was kind of reluctant taking him, because of his rookie year perhaps being nothing but a mirage, but he really looks like the real deal to me.
    You have to love a speed back who then hits like a freight train when he finishes. Usually guys with his skill set just want to bounce it outside. Not Murray. He's going to be a good one as long as he can stay healthy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Once every four years I find myself very stressed this time of year.

I can't talk to people who disagree with me and I can barely talk to people who *do* agree with me; I walk around like an exposed nerve.

Thank God for NFL football this year. I am *so* much happier reading this website than I am reading CNN, Reuters, or whatever.
    Just curious. Are you involved somehow with the election process?

If you go and look at the Giants' overall W/L performance over the past 5 seasons, they have really been rather pedestrian. Several years they lost multiple games in December to miss the playoffs. And their 2 Super Bowl championship seasons were characterized by winning just enough games to get into the playoffs, and then getting extremely hot. Last year they were 6-6 on December 4th and got swept by the Redskins.

The Giants (and especially Eli Manning) deserve all the credit in the world for their 2 SB wins. But they have been far from a dominant team over those years.

Blog Entries

sloppy play all around but it was the first game. and despite all the Romo hating on this board, he is a solid QB and that looks like a solid team. I can't see them winning less than 10 barring injury

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!