Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Ravens couldn't give up on Kindle's ability to rush the passer.

I'd like to think it's the Ravens really giving the guy a chance, but that's a large chance with a roster spot. Especially in the NFL when they are so valuable.

That leads me to believe that the Ravens think Kindle has improved enough that he'll eventually get on the field AND has enough that they don't want another team to get a sniff at him. Especially for a small contract.

Win/win for all parties.

Reading tea leaves, this means: Kindle has impressed us in practice, but we limited his role in pre-season.......expect to see more of him on Sunday.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

that's what I think too. Almost every report on him in practice this year was talking about how impressed they were. I think limiting him in preseason was a good call. The most important this offseason was learning the playbook and his health. I have no doubt he has the physical ability to be an above average pass rusher. Hopefully we'll get to see him on some 3rd downs this Monday

I dunno if I buy the sandbagging theory. He did play in the preseason and didn't do much when he did play. I think he's going to be a situational pass rusher, and if they're lucky, he might give them 3-5 sacks.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

3 to 5 sacks?

I'd take that in a heartbeat.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    Maybe he does still have it. You don't hold on to a guy this long for nothing. I'm pulling for him.

Ben survived crashing a motorcycle and still played at a high level and at a more demanding position.

I'd like to know Filmstudy's take on his play.
    Yes, but you're presupposing Roethlisberger HAS a brain.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

I dont see him playing with confidence right now. Maybe he can get hot and it will snowball. Who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    I dont see him playing with confidence right now. Maybe he can get hot and it will snowball. Who knows...
    You might be right about the confidence, but it's not like he didn't play through adversity (narcolepsey, off field troubles, etc.) at Texas. Personally, I didn't like the penalties he racked up in exhibition games this year: a PF for roughing the passer and at least one illegal block on ST. That could signal some sort of impulse control or motor control issues from his head injury. It has been widely reported that he lost one side of his hearing, as well. As a stroke survivor, I know first hand that the brain is something not to be fucked w/ if at all possible. That same history compels me to root for him, but if Suggs wasn't out, I think the Ravens might have moved on from Kindle. They are hoping just like we are hoping.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CRZA938 View Post
    Definitely has something to do with it. It's probably not easy being confident after jeopardizing your career and messing up your hearing for the rest of your life in the process.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I agree this is a risk albeit a measured one. If Harbs wants to roll the dice a little here, I'm cool with that. If Serg can throw in a handful of sacks to boot, Oz & Company will look like genuises (again). JMHO.

Was expecting more from Kindle in preseason but what people have to look at is he wont play in base defenses and be asked to do a whole lot in the regular season. Just go after the QB a few snaps a game and play ST. The thing about Pees is i think Kindle will be part of his scheme pressure where when he does get an opportunity he'll have direct lanes to the QB in blitzes more then he'll just line him up outside a tackle and tell him to beat the guy. Not saying he cant or wont, just saying i think they'll highlight his athleticism and let him loose without thinking too much early on.

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    Was expecting more from Kindle in preseason but what people have to look at is he wont play in base defenses and be asked to do a whole lot in the regular season. Just go after the QB a few snaps a game and play ST. The thing about Pees is i think Kindle will be part of his scheme pressure where when he does get an opportunity he'll have direct lanes to the QB in blitzes more then he'll just line him up outside a tackle and tell him to beat the guy. Not saying he cant or wont, just saying i think they'll highlight his athleticism and let him loose without thinking too much early on.
    This is a great point. If Kindle was ready to take the league by storm (I'm not saying he is, I'm just presenting the hypothetical) then it wouldn't behoove the team to showcase that ability in the preseason.