Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Jacoby Jones name PR and KR

Quote Originally Posted by jd345 View Post
    Just hold onto the ball Jacoby...hold onto the ball...(although it won't be as bad as watching Reed take the kick and yelling don't lateral Reed...don't lateral it Reed...oh shit...he lateraled it...lol :)

Actually Ed does that moreso when he INT the ball. You're like Yay interception...don't u dare lateral...don't u dare..
    ..he just lateraled.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    He has 4 fumbles in his career. I'm not worried.

Eleven. In about 383 career touches.

See here: http://www.nfl.com/player/jacobyjones/2495651/profile

They list nine, but this only shows regular season stats. We can think of two more in the playoffs.

This doesn't mean that Webb won't be doing any. He says he understands if the coaches keep him away from it, but he still wants to and says there may be times when he is needed to do so.

Blog Entries

My only hope is he doesn't find a way to completely f up our season. He is absolutely cringe-worthy to watch.

Sure he can break one now and again but it comes with a price. Buyer beware.

Makes sense as PR, though I'd actually rather see Deonte Thompson on kickoff returns. But I suspect Deonte won't be on the active game day roster every week.

Quote Originally Posted by jd345 View Post
    Just hold onto the ball Jacoby...hold onto the ball...(although it won't be as bad as watching Reed take the kick and yelling don't lateral Reed...don't lateral it Reed...oh shit...he lateraled it...lol :)
    Yup. That's the only thing I'm worried about with him.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Good. Hope this means no more Ed Reed or Lardarius Webb returning punts.
    Webb was returning punts in the preseason. I bet he'll still see time back there.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Makes sense as PR, though I'd actually rather see Deonte Thompson on kickoff returns. But I suspect Deonte won't be on the active game day roster every week.
    I wouldn't be shocked if we see Deonte active week one and Doss inactive again.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked if we see Deonte active week one and Doss inactive again.
    Doubtful.

The last 2 pre-season games Doss was out there with the #1's as the 3rd receiver.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Does this makes anyone else nervous? Almost like David Reed nervous?
    Yes it does. I think he really does have a good feel for the job and his speed and vision is unquestionable, but he holds the ball with one arm. Just in this past preseason I saw him get grabbed by the leg/ankle a couple of times and instead of going down he fights for more yardage, which I like but he does it with one hand on the ball and not even tucked away. It's very very dangerous and I think it will cost us big at some point. Don't get me wrong, i think he is very good, but I think he is a high risk/high reward kind of guy at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    LMAO

The guy fumbled 2X in returns. Granted one game but LET IT FKING GO ALREADY!!! :DeadHorse:
    See the above response by NC Raven. It's quite a bit more than 4.

No surprise but I would prefer an alternative.

So history says that Jones will fumble it away 1-2 times this season? We'll see if any actually cost us a game. Knowing Harbs, he won't yank him until that happens.

From my SGIII
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Resurrecting this thread to give Jacoby Jones some love.

At the same time as I'm surprised he isn't returning kicks as well as punts, I've been VERY impressed so far with his play as the #3 WR, outside of running one wrong route vs. Cincy.

After re-watching the Eagles game, Jones was the only WR who was getting open on the outside and beating the press. Joe didn't look his way all that much, only throwing to him 3 times, but he still put up a better performance that Anquan or Torrey. Without the bullshit OPI, he would have posted 2 TDs vs. Nnamdi Asomugha, no small feat even if Nnamdi isn't what he used to be.

If he continues to get a good number of looks and does good work with those looks, this could really be a pleasant surprise for this offense.