Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Head Scratchers (pertaining to the roster)

i defer to the great Ozzie but i wonder about the following;

- why keep Kindle. he hasn't shown raw ability and with his problem hearing in one of his ears it doesn't seem logical that he will be an impact player.
    - Tyrod Taylor - how can you depend on this guy being your #2. painter has 12 NFL starts and can throw the ball down the field. i have to belive painter would be a better reserve QB than taylor. Dennis Dixon is tyrod taylor 2.0.
    - WR Payne - although the ravens receiver core has improved they are still average compared to the better teams we are competing wiht to get to the SB. Payne showed sure hands and had experience. Streeter still catches the ball into his body. i'd rather have a sure handed veteran than a fundamentally flawed rookie.

Re: Head Scratchers (pertaining to the roster)

They want to give Kindle one last shot in the Regular season where he will actually have playing time and can prove him self

Dixon is WAY better than Taylor did you watch the PIT vs Ravens game in 2009? He can throw way better than Taylor and is just as mobile and has the height. Had it not been for his injury at Oregon he would have won the Heisman and been a 2nd round pick possibly late first.

Streeter is on IR - how would Payne change anything?

Kindle with soon be replaced with Hamilton

The Ravens are in deep doo doo if they have to rely on Tyrod as a Quarterback

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post

- why keep Kindle. he hasn't shown raw ability and with his problem hearing in one of his ears it doesn't seem logical that he will be an impact player.
    - Tyrod Taylor - how can you depend on this guy being your #2. painter has 12 NFL starts and can throw the ball down the field. i have to belive painter would be a better reserve QB than taylor. Dennis Dixon is tyrod taylor 2.0.
    - WR Payne - although the ravens receiver core has improved they are still average compared to the better teams we are competing wiht to get to the SB. Payne showed sure hands and had experience. Streeter still catches the ball into his body. i'd rather have a sure handed veteran than a fundamentally flawed rookie.

Blog Entries

I feel like they kept Kindle because they just don't have any other options there.

Painter will be available should the Ravens want/need him down the road, Tyrod would have probably gotten picked up somewhere due to his athleticism.

Payne has been on six teams in four years, I agree he showed good hands in the last preseason game but he's another guy who will probably still be out there if the Ravens were to want him down the road.

Blog Entries

Dixon and Taylor are not the same player. One is very coachable and one is hardly coachable, which is why he suddenly finds himself on the PS, when he should have been competing for a starting job somewhere by now.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Kindle as of right now appears to be just the simple fact that they don't want give up on second round pick. They also don't have much depth in OLB department.

Neither one of these quarterbacks would get us anywhere. Just sayin. So really it's choosing a young draft pick with play making ability over a veteran that is more of protypical QB but really isn't a better option. Painter struggled in practice against our defense throwing multiple picks. Preseason he was going against 3rd stringers. Should they have looked for better options? Maybe.

Streeter doesn't count against the roster. Putting a rookie who has the tools to develop on IR so other teams can't grab him makes plenty of sense. No point of putting Payne on IR so then that's counting a journey man receiver who'd be 7th on the depth chart who wouldn't help us in the short or long term against the roster.
    Last edited by scbgirlxo; 09-03-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Blog Entries

We have zero depth at OLB right now, especially pass rush, you don't cut what you already don't have so we really have no choice but to hold on to him. Tyrod knows the offense he has some chemistry with the wideouts, he knows the playbook and he knows what his role is most importantly. If Dixon was that much better there would have been 31 other teams tryna sign him and maybe give him at a starting gig, instead he's sittin on our PS..
    Last edited by Jsmoove; 09-03-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Section 502 Raven View Post

Sorry, but your questions about the Roster are head scratchers because they don't show a very good understanding of the Roster.

1. The team isn't very deep at OLB - and Upshaw is banged up - so Kindle was retained. If they had a better option, I have no doubt that he would have been released.

2. TT is the 2nd QB because he's been in the system longer. Painter was brought in to be the 3rd QB. He may have more experience, but I wouldn't consider his play last year as much of a ringing endorsement.

3. Streeter is on IR. They didn't pick him over Payne. They picked LaQuan Williams and Deonte Thompson over Payne. Payne was a FA until July 26th. I could be wrong, but I don't think any other NFL team has signed Payne since he was released by the Ravens.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Sorry, but your questions about the Roster are head scratchers because they don't show a very good understanding of the Roster.

1. The team isn't very deep at OLB - and Upshaw is banged up - so Kindle was retained. If they had a better option, I have no doubt that he would have been released.

2. TT is the 2nd QB because he's been in the system longer. Painter was brought in to be the 3rd QB. He may have more experience, but I wouldn't consider his play last year as much of a ringing endorsement.

3. Streeter is on IR. They didn't pick him over Payne. They picked LaQuan Williams and Deonte Thompson over Payne. Payne was a FA until July 26th. I could be wrong, but I don't think any other NFL team has signed Payne since he was released by the Ravens.
    :word

Blog Entries

The Ravens never give up on high draft picks that quickly. That's why Kindle has a chance.

I for one, do not care about who is the backup QB. The goal is to never use one, anyway. And if we ever did lose Joe for an extended period of time, the season is toast anyway. That's what happens when you actually have a good QB. This isn't Kyle Boller, where any scrub can come in and replace his production. The only way to replace a starting QB is with a starting QB. Very few teams have a starter quality player as their backup.

For Logan.... We kept 6 wr's what wr or player at another position do you cut to keep him? It sucks but you can't keep everyone.

I still feel dixon is an upgrade over TT and could start if Flacco were to go down.

We may win one or 2 games with TT because teams dont know how to play him but once he is on film he is in trouble. at least with Dixon you have a pocket passer who can also make big plays with his legs

I also believe, Hammilton will replace Kindle after a few weeks if Kindle does does not preform possibly before the NE game.