Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Head Scratchers (pertaining to the roster)

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    I still feel dixon is an upgrade over TT and could start if Flacco were to go down.

We may win one or 2 games with TT because teams dont know how to play him but once he is on film he is in trouble. at least with Dixon you have a pocket passer who can also make big plays with his legs
    I like Dixon, but come on. There's a reason he didn't have a job, even though people like Tim Tebow, Brady Quinn, Colt McCoy, Chad Henne and Chris Redman all do.

And I'm still cracking up about the people who like Painter for some reason. All those INT's didn't bother anybody? How about how bad he sucked for Indy when he played? Good grief. All I can figure from the support for Painter is we have some people who don't watch football when the Ravens aren't on, and their computers can't access football sites other than ravens24x7. The guy completed 54% of his passes last year, threw 6 Tds with 9 Int's. Yeah the team was bad. So... what? Is he going to blossom in the Cam Cameron offense, whereas the Peyton Manning offense holding him back?

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    T, he didn't say 1/2 of the personnel decision were fucked up or anything close to that......so that's quite an exaggeration, too!

He said people complain about "a 1/2 a dozen personnel decisions every year".

The point, I believe, that he was trying to make is that every year, it seems that people get worked up over back of the roster/PS decisions, but rarely have these ever been an issue.
    I remember last year people were going ape shit that we cut Josh Bynes and swore someone was going to claim him the second he was waived.

Meanwhile, the guy cleared waivers and was unemployed for a while before we brought him back to the PS.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Well, speaking for myself, I never said they were.

However, the 3 criticisms the OP presented are off base, IMO, and show a lack of understanding of why those decisions were made. Hence, my response.
    That's fine by me. This is the great thing about a forum like this. We can discuss all these issues.

The thing I remember from this time of the year is how short of a stay it is for most of the last players on the roster. The second someone gets nicked up that last guy on the roster gets released to make room for the replacement. Sometimes it happens before the first game. See Danny Gorrer last year. If you are not in the two deep now your spot is tentative at best.

I still feel dixon is an upgrade over TT and could start if Flacco were to go down.

We may win one or 2 games with TT because teams dont know how to play him but once he is on film he is in trouble. at least with Dixon you have a pocket passer who can also make big plays with his legs
    If Flacco were to get injured, it would be during a game. Tyrod Taylor would finish out that game, and then if the injury to Flacco was lengthy, the Ravens could easily pull Dixon off the practice squad prior to the next game - or go find some ex-QB sitting on a couch somewhere. I don't see much difference here between one being #2 or one being practice squad. If the Ravens lose Flacco, they're screwed anyway.

I don't disagree, but considering the durability of Joe, I think they are looking to the future more. Taylor just hasn't been around long enough to fully develop. I'm betting they think he WILL be better than Dixon and don't want to lose him.

I understand completely about why Kindle made the team - there were many predicting he would simply by default. But that scares me. As a long-time Raven fan, I have NEVER see the Ravens so thin at OLB. During the preseason one of my main goals was to watch him to see if he maybe was going to break out this year. OMG, did he look bad. Not only could he not beat a 3rd string tackle 1-on-1, but he seemed to be lost and never running faster than half speed. I was crushed to see it.

Did anyone see anything good from Kindle? I certainly didn't focus on him every snap he was in. I'm hoping I'm wrong....