Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Head Scratchers (pertaining to the roster)

My only head-scratchers come from wondering what the coaches saw that cause them to put Omar Brown on the practice squad (instead of the roster), why Gorrer had to be the one to go, and if that new safety was really worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    My only head-scratchers come from wondering what the coaches saw that cause them to put Omar Brown on the practice squad (instead of the roster), why Gorrer had to be the one to go, and if that new safety was really worth it.
    31 other coaches passed on Omar too. Gorrer went because he was our 5th CB and doesn't play special teams. The new safety is important because we only have 3 healthy ones on the opening day roster so we needed someone and he's easily the best available.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    31 other coaches passed on Omar too. Gorrer went because he was our 5th CB and doesn't play special teams. The new safety is important because we only have 3 healthy ones on the opening day roster so we needed someone and he's easily the best available.
    For a team that seems to make a lot of moves just for the special team aspect of the game, we sure do have lousy ST play.

And for a team who some fans insist fuck up half a dozen personnel decisions every year we sure win a lot of games.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

And for a team who some fans insist fuck up half a dozen personnel decisions every year we sure win a lot of games.
    This

Blog Entries

It's like watching the news, coming on this board at times. The way some of you go on, you'd think we are doomed to go 0-16 for the next decade. The Browns board is probably more optimistic than this board at times. :grbac:

Blog Entries

The OP feels that some of the roster moves are questionable. Is Ozzie really above the point where he can be questioned? He's not saying the team is horrible or won't win. Why is there always such an attack dog mentality when a fan questions the coaches, players or front office? Yes they've won a lot of game but they also haven't won a Championship in over a decade. They are not above reproach.

Wow ... that sure is exaggerated! I don't recall anyone insisting that 1/2 personnel decisions were fucked up. The OP in this thread discussed three head-scratchers. Many Ravens fans would agree that the Kindle, Payne, and/or Dixon/Taylor moves or non-moves are questionable, meriting debate.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

I think if Suggs was healthy, Kindle wouldn't be on the roster.

Logan Payne is a journeyman WR that has been on 6 different teams.

Blog Entries

Pass rushers are so difficult to find that Kindle is going to get a ton of chances to turn into one. It's not like he's costing the team much in terms of cap space. He's an exclusive rights free agent next season. If Kindle shows anything at all as a pass rusher I bet he'll be tendered for next year too.

Blog Entries

What in the world is this rumor going around?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The Payne question like Ravor said shows a severe lack of understanding of the roster. Is anybody suggesting to keep Payne over Laquan or Deonte?

Painter sucks just as bad as Tyrod. We are screwed either way if Joe goes down with either of those guys...basically, who cares really? Unless a guy like Kyle Orton shakes loose, there are no backups that are any good.

And if we cut Kindle, we'd have 3 OLB's. Basically zero depth at all. I don't know about most, but I think in a 3-4 defense, you'd want to have depth at linebacker.