Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The No Huddle Offense

Not sure if there is another thread for this. But how much do yall think we'll be using it?

http://www.ravens24x7.com/columns/Lo...fense-for-real

One receiver said we shouldn't get use to the no huddle. Boldin?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...02/mmqb/1.html

While Joe is saying it will be used quite a lot.

Weird that two players see where the offense is going differently.

Re: The No Huddle Offense

If we play "Marty Ball" (the way Cam did last year) we will be 8W-8L and Cam will be looking for a new job. I think the genie is out of the bottle and Cam will not be able to put it back in. Joe will have a great year and the Ravens are going to the Superbowl.

Blog Entries

It is very rare for a team to make the Sugar huddle the majority of their offense. Indianapolis has been the closest thing to it. The next closest thing to it is New England. So, that WR might be saying that if you are expecting it to be run 80% of the time, you will be disappointed.

There will be a time for it and one can only keep their fingers crossed that it will be up to Joe to determine when that time is.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    If we play "Marty Ball" (the way Cam did last year) we will be 8W-8L and Cam will be looking for a new job. I think the genie is out of the bottle and Cam will not be able to put it back in. Joe will have a great year and the Ravens are going to the Superbowl.
    Then why weren't they 8-8 the previous years? I bet they're still going to play ball control at times whether the fans like it or not, especially with a lead.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The defense was better last year - and in a number of cases pulled Cam's chestnuts out of the fire (the Jets game for one).

If Cam plays "Marty ball" again then you can take Hensley's prediction of 3rd place in the AFC North to the bank. I only hope he doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Then why weren't they 8-8 the previous years? I bet they're still going to play ball control at times whether the fans like it or not, especially with a lead.

It probably means that the real answer of how much we will use the no huddle lies in between what we've done in preseason and what we did last season.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    The defense was better last year - and in a number of cases pulled Cam's chestnuts out of the fire (the Jets game for one).

If Cam plays "Marty ball" again then you can take Hensley's prediction of 3rd place in the AFC North to the bank. I only hope he doesn't.

Not only that but I think it's safe to assume we won't be able to run the ball as effectively as we have in years past either.

I predict that the no huddle is sprinkled in throughout a game.

Aside from the no huddle, I think that Cam added a couple of west coast types plays when you account for the shorter passes, slants, quick outs, and drag routes that we've seen in the preseason.

It's yet to be seen if this will carry over to the regular season.

Life is simple and both players and coaches deceive the media.

If the nh is effective then we will use it quite a bit.

Blog Entries

How the hell are we not going to be able to run the ball effectively? You guys make me laugh at times, what is actually different from last year in terms of running the ball? We still have Ray Rice, the best lead blocker in all of football, and Marshall Yanda.

Do you guys expect no huddle all the time in games? Because we'd likely lose a ton of games doing that, facts are, we are going to be running the ball a lot this year even with this new offensive system installed. You don't win games by passing it 100 % of the time, even in today league, you still need to be able to pound the ball when the time is right.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    How the hell are we not going to be able to run the ball effectively? You guys make me laugh at times, what is actually different from last year in terms of running the ball? We still have Ray Rice, the best lead blocker in all of football, and Marshall Yanda.

Do you guys expect no huddle all the time in games? Because we'd likely lose a ton of games doing that, facts are, we are going to be running the ball a lot this year even with this new offensive system installed. You don't win games by passing it 100 % of the time, even in today league, you still need to be able to pound the ball when the time is right.
    You can run a no huddle and still run the ball.

Not sure why you're suggesting that no huddle means it will a pass-heavy offense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You can run a no huddle and still run the ball.

Not sure why you're suggesting that no huddle means it will a pass-heavy offense.
    I didn't mean that, I was replying to CJ34 who seems to think for some magical reason we wont be able to run the ball as effectively.