Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: TORREY SMITH - live on NFLN

Talk about weird FF theories:

I had someone in a league take Gronk and Graham in the first two rounds. Our league has a W/R/T flex spot and they both had WR1 numbers last year...so I can forgive it.

BUT

The same guy, did not take a kicker OR defense.

Instead, he picked the other starter positions and his bench consists of ALL RBs. No other positions.

He has no decent RBs but also cornered the entire handcuff market.

I'm guessing he is waiting a week or two, hoping a guy or two gets hurt and the backup blows up and he can pick up a kicker and defense later.

Just seems like a weird strategy that is very high risk/reward. So he's either a genuis or doofus. We shall see.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Talk about weird FF theories:

I had someone in a league take Gronk and Graham in the first two rounds. Our league has a W/R/T flex spot and they both had WR1 numbers last year...so I can forgive it.

BUT

The same guy, did not take a kicker OR defense.

Instead, he picked the other starter positions and his bench consists of ALL RBs. No other positions.

He has no decent RBs but also cornered the entire handcuff market.

I'm guessing he is waiting a week or two, hoping a guy or two gets hurt and the backup blows up and he can pick up a kicker and defense later.

Just seems like a weird strategy that is very high risk/reward. So he's either a genuis or doofus. We shall see.
    My general philosophy is to play DEF and K on a week-by-week basis, but to only carry RBs on the bench is pretty bizarre.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post

A friend of mine told me in one of his drafts there is a huge Patriot fan. He drafted Brady, Gronk, Welker, Hernandez, Ridley, Lloyd, Gostkowski and the Pats defense.
    Pats defense is probably good for negative points. I usually try to draft a Raven, I play IDP so Ray Lewis is my go to guy. This year everyone I targeted, Rice Flacco, Torrey, Ray, Ravens Defense, went way to high. The fan in me couldn't overcome the competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Sorry dude, but it seems like you had an awful draft there lol.
    I had a dude who drafted Smith in the 2nd, Flacco in the 3rd, WEBB IN THE 6TH, and later got Dickson, Jones, Pitta...we were like WTF. Then he snags Bernard Pierce in FA. Needless to say everyone in the league looks forward to the week they play him

Quote Originally Posted by Whitty Hutton View Post
    I had a dude who drafted Smith in the 2nd, Flacco in the 3rd, WEBB IN THE 6TH, and later got Dickson, Jones, Pitta...we were like WTF. Then he snags Bernard Pierce in FA. Needless to say everyone in the league looks forward to the week they play him
    Especially week 8.

We all laughed at a newbie two years ago who basically did the same thing, but he actually ended up okay.