Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Are the current (9/3) 53 the game day (9/10) 53

Are the 53 players currently on the Ravens roster the same 53 players who will be there on game day.?

If not - who is added and who goes?

Blog Entries

Re: Are the current (9/3) 53 the game day (9/10) 53

Considering that Ihedigbo is not yet on the 53...no, it is not.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Sounds like Gorrer is the one getting cut. I don't understand giving up on a corner with Gorrer's potential for these veteran safeties off the scrap heap. Gorrer must've rally sucked on Special Teams.

http://bit.ly/PX7pvZ

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

I like Gorrer, but his potential was a 4th or 5th corner.

I would have prefered that we went ahead and cut Consedine, but I trust the teams judgement here. I never really saw Gorrer as a big contributor here...especially after signing Graham and the drafting of Jackson.

With Chykie, Gorrer is the better pure corner, Chykie is the better special teams player. Which would you rather have for your 4th/5th CB?

Fair point. And I like Asa Jackson, but if drafting him causes the team to have to cut Gorrer, I would rather the team have used that draft pick to get a LB or fill another position of need.

Not a big deal in the long run, I just hate to give up on a guy who showed he can be an NFL corner without getting anything in return.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Considering that Ihedigbo and Considine are ST guys...I'd rather have a guy I know can step in as a potential starter at CB. I guess the plus side is that with the emergence of Graham, Gorrer/Chykie were our 5th and 6th CBs really, so unless three guys get injured, Chykie is just going to be a nickel guy.

I keep forgetting about Asa Jackson too...how does he look as a coverage CB? Is he more just a returner listed as CB?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Well, there is the rub.

There is no way IMHO that Gorrer is a potential starting CB in this league. He played well against Mark Sanchez and I think people immediately began to overrate him.

He has a place in this league...ideally as a 4th-5th CB, and I'd like to keep him, but Chykie will likely get 25+ snaps on special teams while Gorrer would get what...2 snaps a game if that with the defense?

And Considine IMHO is a huge injury risk at this point and I don't think the team can count on him as a ST guy throughout the season. If he gets another concussion, I'd think they'd have to shut him down for the season. That likely played a big factor here...

Blog Entries

also keep in mind that if a player is on the roster for game one, his contract is guaranteed for the year. They may wait until after that first game to do some tinkering.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

aside from Koch I've been disappointed wi our spec teams throughout the Harbaugh era so anything to upgrade them would be appreciated.
    and I did appreciated Cundiff's touchbacks. gave our kr coverage fewer chances to miss tackles and acquire penalties.

have to think they'll be adding/subtracting another body or two.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Blog Entries

I don't know how much if any cap space we have, haven't seen any update from Raver.
    All the moves to IR meant all those salaries are added to the 53, then with the PS filled....
    I really have no idea if we have even half the vet minimum available.

I would have thought we would have swooped if there were anybody
    (like a vet TE better than Bajema) but we didn't really move. It is not "waiting for right player right price" to happen, I don't think there will be many bidding wars over cuts.
    I mention Bajema because an 8 yr veteran minimum salary is $825,000 (3 years is $615,000) There is a little over 1/2 mil gap between a 10 yr vet and a rookie.

So either we are negotiating in the background to finalize a contract and free up some current cap room, talking about re-negotiating a contract for the same reason, or we are pretty much done.

We have already traded a 2-3 yr (Gorrer) for a 5-6 yr (Ihedigbo).

I can't really see any more moves happening, course I didn't even smell Gorrer..
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    I don't know how much if any cap space we have, haven't seen any update from Raver.
    All the moves to IR meant all those salaries are added to the 53, then with the PS filled....
    I really have no idea if we have even half the vet minimum available.

I would have thought we would have swooped if there were anybody
    (like a vet TE better than Bajema) but we didn't really move. It is not "waiting for right player right price" to happen, I don't think there will be many bidding wars over cuts.
    I mention Bajema because an 8 yr veteran minimum salary is $825,000 (3 years is $615,000) There is a little over 1/2 mil gap between a 10 yr vet and a rookie.

So either we are negotiating in the background to finalize a contract and free up some current cap room, talking about re-negotiating a contract for the same reason, or we are pretty much done.

We have already traded a 2-3 yr (Gorrer) for a 5-6 yr (Ihedigbo).

I can't really see any more moves happening, course I didn't even smell Gorrer..
    I'm 90% positive only the league minimum counts against the cap for all players under minimum contracts, regardless of their actual salary. I know the NBA does this and, additionally, actually refunds the team the difference in salary between the league minimum and the player's salary.

Just checked the spreadsheet from Ravor, and that is indeed the case. Even though Bajema's salary is $825,000 his cap-value is only $540,000.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mfdoom42 View Post
    I'm 90% positive only the league minimum counts against the cap for all players under minimum contracts, regardless of their actual salary. I know the NBA does this and, additionally, actually refunds the team the difference in salary between the league minimum and the player's salary.

Just checked the spreadsheet from Ravor, and that is indeed the case. Even though Bajema's salary is $825,000 his cap-value is only $540,000.
    IIRC NBA has a veteran exemption not actually a minimum.

But I thank you, obviously I was very correct when I said I didn't know how much cap room we have... you cleared my wrong assumption on Bajema (but I still don't know the cap room lol). I do know enough about the FO that they have plan B, C, and D... that if something happens and they need cap room I'm sure they have a orderly check list of contracts to re-negotiate for space. So we wait in the lull until opening kickoff.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old