Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    We're just at the point where the regular season doesn't matter that much. This team will be judged on whether or not they make the Super Bowl. When you are close every year without making it that's the step you have to make or you've failed.

And yes those are ridiculously high expectations but no one is dreaming about the glory days of the Eagles losing all those NFC Championship games. The Ravens need to win 1 more Championship while Ray and Ed are on this team.

Blog Entries

Re: We're gonna be good!

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Why would people draw conclusions based on the last preseason game? Starters didnt play and i bet a lot of people didnt even watch it. It was just a glorified practice.
    I seen a ton of less optimism after that game than I did after the Jacksonville game.

This team will surprise us in a positive way.

1. Our first string defense was not on the field that often save for game 3. This was more an evaluation of our depth. Those guys played a lot.

2. If our WRs consistently catch the ball, our offense will be lethal. The Steelers D is old, the Bengals are thin with no passrush and the browns are the browns.

I still have us as good as 13-3 and as bad as 11-5.

Blog Entries

That's another point, if the Bengals are so good, and are going to over pass us because we don't have Suggs, who exactly do the Bengals have bringing pressure from the outside? Carlos Dunlap is hurt.

iggyman555 Guest

how will the bengals score against us, we will double AJ Green they dont have any other receivers....gresham worries me tho

We had these same concerns going into last year. We wondered about our passrush and our secondary. We thought we were getting blasted by the Steelers but what happened?

Pernell McPhee broke out. He didn't show much until the start of the season. This year, the same will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    how will the bengals score against us, we will double AJ Green they dont have any other receivers....gresham worries me tho
    I'm not concerned about Gresham. Our D this preseason was basically four auditions. Same for offense.

The only reason the 4th preseason game gave me concerns was that our starting OLBs played in that game & for a reason and they didn't look good. Kruger acknowledged he played bad the game before and then played bad again. Not the most encouraging thing when he is suppose to the best OLB we have and is looking like he can't handle being an every down player. He might get better as the season goes on but that has yet to be seen. Even with all of the starters on the field he and Mcclellan still have to do their roles well. No one else can set the edge.
    Last edited by scbgirlxo; 09-02-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Judging from some threads I read here and from people on the street, there's this underlying feeling that we will be bad this year. I have no such worries. I know that our team may not be the prettiest or fanciest in the league, but we have one thing other teams don't; Consistency.

How great is that to have? To know that it is almost a guarantee that we will be in the tournament and able to fight for the championship is a blessing.

Enjoy the ride.
    This is no place for that positive outlook.

We are destined to be an 8-8 team.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It's the same trend for every sports team in the world, your fans are optimistic when you win, and down right miserable when you lose, no matter how successful the team has been in the past, and that includes coming off a meaningless BS fourth pre season game loss, that everyone seems to think matters around here. Something tells me, had we beaten them, everybody would have been writing Cincy off already for week 1.
    We have "won" for the last 4 years straight.

Is 5 the minimum or something before fans realize what is going on here?

I still think we'll be good. But there are some legitimate concerns with the defense. Luckily the teams in our division have their own concerns. If we can make it to the playoffs with a healthy Sizzle then I think we'll be flat out dangerous. I don't think any team will want to face us.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Your bravado is admirable, but it amounts to nothing more than whistling through the graveyard. The realist in me is thinking Harbaugh is going to have to prove his worth as a HC this year. If they win more than 10 games he will have done a great job.
    Prove his worth, seriously? I don't think Harbaugh has anything to prove at this point and has proven quite well that he is a great HC for this team. I doubt the team or Biscotti or even most of the fans feel he still has to prove something more than what we've seen the last 4 years. I think you may have him mixed up with Rex Ryan.