Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ravens sign QB Dennis Dixon to PS

Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora

Ravens signing former Steelers QB Dennis Dixon to their practice squad. Tyrod Taylor, their No 2, had shaky preseason though team likes him

Jason La Canfora‏@JasonLaCanfora

Ravens had Dixon in for offseason workout, chose to sign Curtis Painter instead. Painter, since cut, was with QB coach Caldwell in Indy.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Ravens sign QB Dennis Dixon to PS

I have an idea!

Put Tyrod Taylor on the Practice squad and put Dennis Dixon on the 53 man roster. That makes a lot more sense than keeping Taylor as the #2

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    I have an idea!

Put Tyrod Taylor on the Practice squad and put Dennis Dixon on the 53 man roster. That makes a lot more sense than keeping Taylor as the #2
    Or make TT a running back

I sorta feel like we just signed Tyrod Taylor to the practice squad.

Agreed- don't we already have a guy like that?
    Amazing how Tyrod's stock has plummeted
    And the Beatdown goes on.......

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    I have an idea!

I'd be good w/ that. Since discussion of a #2 QB must address the unthinkable - that he would have to actually play - Dixon has NFL game experience. Game experience under the bright light of filling in for a certain sexual assault suspect. IIRC he went 2 for 3 in that gig, and on in 2007 hung in vs. the Ravens @ M&T . A similarly skilled QB as Taylor but w/ prime time experience and multiple years on the Pitts. sidelines. Do it.

Blog Entries

not excited

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Screw PS, he should be our backup. Surely the Ravens realize that Dickson is an upgrade over Tyrod Taylor?

Blog Entries

Guys, he has to learn the offense before being our number two regardless. Tyrod knows the offense dickson doesnt, that alone gives him and edge. Dixon may not be ready until the bye week, but id assume hes insurance if tyrod continues to struggle.
    -JAB

Good pick up for the practice squad.

Love the guys who know better than NFL head coaches on personnel matters.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Guys, he has to learn the offense before being our number two regardless. Tyrod knows the offense dickson doesnt, that alone gives him and edge. Dixon may not be ready until the bye week, but id assume hes insurance if tyrod continues to struggle.
    :word

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Screw PS, he should be our backup. Surely the Ravens realize that Dickson is an upgrade over Tyrod Taylor?
    I think a lot of people are overvaluing Dixon based on his play in one game against he Ravens a couple of years ago. Not one team in the NFL thought Dixon was good enough to be on their 53-man roster.

Let's let him get acclimated to the team and the playbook before we talk about him being elevated to the active roster.

And remember, Tyrod played really well last PS and most were very comfortable with him being the back-up last year.

Let's just hope that we never need to find out whether TT or Dixon is better than the other.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

I love how everyone thinks Dennis Dixon would come in here and suddenly be the next coming of Fran Tarkenton.

You do realize he never signed with ANY team after trying out for us and not making it? I'm surprised he has PS eligibility, but I'm not going to fool myself into thinking he could back Joe up any better or worse than Tyrod. Both can move really quick, and that's about it on them.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!