Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Ravens sign QB Dennis Dixon to PS

Very interesting that Ravens would add a former Squeeler to the PS and a former Patsie, Ihedigbo, to the 53 man roster. Coaching staff will certainly get a debrief on terminology and how each team likes to attack the Ravens. Nice strategic pickups.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosdaman View Post
    Very interesting that Ravens would add a former Squeeler to the PS and a former Patsie, Ihedigbo, to the 53 man roster. Coaching staff will certainly get a debrief on terminology and how each team likes to attack the Ravens. Nice strategic pickups.
    I would think that Dean Pees would fill that role better, when it comes to the Pats.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Is former Hall of Famer Derek Anderson available?

I'm telling you - someone in the Ravens hierarchy has this masochistic fetish for "Michael Vick" type quarterbacks. Troy Smith, Tyrod Taylor, Dennis Dixon, et al. Evidently there is no end in sight. Thank God Joe is nearly indestructible. If we have to rely on either Taylor or Dixon to win a game for us this year our goose is cooked.

Lets just hope that in the next draft they go out an pick themselves a developmental QB to back up Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    Well played, sir.

(the former PeterB58)

Blog Entries

and then if they could just get... wait for it... wait for it...

Ricky Proehl!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

JBK-
    Thanks, this "controversy" reminds me of some old threads from The Ravens Discussion Board Whose Name May Not Be Spoken. Remember when there was much wringing of hands, weeping in the street, dogs and cats - together - bemoaning the release of one Derek Anderson, the departing savior of the Ravens franchise, who would eventually go on to HOF performances at Cleveland?

As a Hokie alum, I wish Taylor well, but apparently he's not quite ready fro prime time. Dixon, OTOH and if one is truly objective, also doesn't seem to be the Total Package, but he may be able to contribute nicely once he gets a handle on the Ravens O system.

I have to admit, rharris makes a valid point about the Vick-like attraction to QBs - anybody remember Slash?

Blog Entries

You guys make me laugh, we go out and add someone to the PS, and yet we still find a way to complain about it. Last time I checked he won some games with the Steeers, and is probably an upgrade to Tyrod Taylor. Who did you guys really expect? Kurt Warner to come back from retirement to be Joe's back up?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rosdaman View Post
    Dixon has never been coached by Todd Haley. I am not sure how much he'll help in that area.

:)

Yeah, but only because he was barely beat out in camp by Josh Harris.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Dixon has never been coached by Todd Haley. I am not sure how much he'll help in that area.
    He has a good idea about their defense though.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    I have an idea!

Put Tyrod Taylor on the Practice squad and put Dennis Dixon on the 53 man roster. That makes a lot more sense than keeping Taylor as the #2
    Definitely agree. I would rather have Dixon as the teams's #2 qb. How in the world can the Ravens not see what has been evident during the preseason games... Tyrod Taylor does not have the NFL quarterbacking skills to win games if something happens to Joe Flacco.