Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

We're gonna be good!

Judging from some threads I read here and from people on the street, there's this underlying feeling that we will be bad this year. I have no such worries. I know that our team may not be the prettiest or fanciest in the league, but we have one thing other teams don't; Consistency.

How great is that to have? To know that it is almost a guarantee that we will be in the tournament and able to fight for the championship is a blessing.

Enjoy the ride.

Blog Entries

Re: We're gonna be good!

The schedule is the thing worrying most people. AFCN has a tough slate this year with NFC East and AFC West. On top of that, we have Division Champs from AFC East and AFC South. Most analysts are predicting that AFCN, which sent 3 playoff teams last year, might only send 1, because our division champ would have 10 wins.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

That's because people here, in general, are pessimistic beyond belief. The majority was expecting us to lose to Cincy in the season finale last year even though we were clearly better and undefeated against playoff teams. That's just the way it is around here.

And they'll keep thinking they're right, too. Hint: they're not.

Blog Entries

Your bravado is admirable, but it amounts to nothing more than whistling through the graveyard. The realist in me is thinking Harbaugh is going to have to prove his worth as a HC this year. If they win more than 10 games he will have done a great job.

Blog Entries

They will be good, just not good enough, this year. Just cuz we been to the playoffs 4 straight years, doesnt make us a lock. Not unless Flacco comes out and plays at a manning/brady level. Our defense is going to get eaten alive this year, strong against the run, but all these top shelf QB's we face are going to have their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Your bravado is admirable, but it amounts to nothing more than whistling through the graveyard. The realist in me is thinking Harbaugh is going to have to prove his worth as a HC this year. If they win more than 10 games he will have done a great job.
    Prove his worth? Hasn't he already done that?

Blog Entries

I wouldn't say people are being pessimistic, its more along the lines of being logical, our defense is hurting with our best pass rusher out for possible the entire season, we have no real tested depth behind him. We lost our all pro guard in FA and our LT is not all that great. The depth behind Rice is yet to be tested, we have question marks all over right now along with a tough schedule, but we did last season and the season before and the season before that, this year the offense will have to carry this team and in Ravens history thats been unheard of, so people are just approaching this season with some caution.

I am not overly worried. we have had tough schedules many times before and came out 11-5 and with a loss or 2 to a team not concerded tough.

Its just for the begining of the season the offense may have to bail out the defense which is the oppisite from years past where when the O was playing bad the D stood up made a play and we won. We have the offense to do that this year.

Plus it helps that our division is hurting as well. So we are not the only ones actually I would say we are healther than PIT and CIN.

Blog Entries

Frankly we won't really know what we've got until around Thanksgiving. Even if they lose a few heartbreakers that's OK as long as they're still in the mix. Look at the Gmen last year; I know it's not the way you draw it up but it's still a viable path.

I'll enjoy every game and have near heart attacks as always ;).

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

If we repeat the same pattern as last year, we probably need to be more worried about the bad teams we play. The Ravens didn't lose a game in the regular season to any team that finished above .500, excepting the Titans.

If we can win all the games we actually should win and split the rest, I think we're looking at 10 wins at a minimum.

Blog Entries

It's the same trend for every sports team in the world, your fans are optimistic when you win, and down right miserable when you lose, no matter how successful the team has been in the past, and that includes coming off a meaningless BS fourth pre season game loss, that everyone seems to think matters around here. Something tells me, had we beaten them, everybody would have been writing Cincy off already for week 1.

Blog Entries

Why would people draw conclusions based on the last preseason game? Starters didnt play and i bet a lot of people didnt even watch it. It was just a glorified practice.