Thread: Kiss of Death?

Kiss of Death?

We all love our Ravens. We are used to the last four years of being in the playoffs and the last couple of those being mentioned as possible superbowl contenders and winners.

This year is no different where again there is a multitude of analyst mentioning our name as playoffs and possible AFC superbowl participants, but today I got the horror of hearing the latest analyst seemingly change his entire outlook on not just the Ravens, but our QB.

For two days in a row, Jamie Dukes has picked us to go and win the superbowl. I felt like I was in the movie Inception or something, WTH is going on?

The answer is everyone now buying into Joe, which scares the poop out of me. It's sort of cool to have a QB that is recognized at possibly wnning you games and not just managing them, but could we be getting setup for the dreaded "kiss of death"?

Jamie Freakin Dukes just picked us to win it all. I say to him, get off our wagon.

Re: Kiss of Death?

Blog Entries

Get the f#&k out James Dukes did what????

Blog Entries

He's just trying to get Baltimore fans off his back, and he picked a team who has a reasonable chance of winning it at the same time, so he can't really look stupid or dumb. Nothing to worry about, unless of course you believe in curses.

Blog Entries

Jamie dukes never has a fuckin clue what hes talking about, sadly just because i wish this to be true, the former will probably hold true before the latter knowing the source.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

WHY? I feel like someone just ripped my heart out and stepped on it. That's it, season is over. No need to watch the games, we don't have a chance in hell at going to the playoffs.

Ok, maybe to dramatic. I DO hate when the talking heads jump on the bandwagon. Especially, those that have hated on us for so long. I guess we can deal with one. NOW, if Skip Bayless tries to jump on, we have to take one for the team and just burn the bandwagon down.

Relaaaaax people!

I've seen this before.
    A few talking heads pick the Ravens every preseason.
    Fortunately, once the games start, NE or Pitt will shellack a few bad teams to start the season and the talkign heads will inevitably go back to reminding everyone that NE and pitt are just too good for ANYONE to compete with. Or at least remember that their fan bases are exponetially bigger when they are prepping for pregame shows.

And dont' forget- The media golden boy is back. If Peyton lights up the Steelers terrible secondary, the media will also likely jump on the Broncos bandwagon too.

All of these things will overshadow the Ravens. Trust me.

Th only attention the Ravens will get is the "Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are too old" and the "Falcco thinks he's good, but we have our doubts" stories.

This is the same piece of blubber four months ago that was saying Joe was overrated during the top 100 players when he was regarded and ranked higher than Tony Romo. He can be a hater or a supporter for all I care, but when you flip flop, you lose all credibilty.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Relaaaaax people!

I've seen this before.
    A few talking heads pick the Ravens every preseason.
    Fortunately, once the games start, NE or Pitt will shellack a few bad teams to start the season and the talkign heads will inevitably go back to reminding everyone that NE and pitt are just too good for ANYONE to compete with. Or at least remember that their fan bases are exponetially bigger when they are prepping for pregame shows.

And dont' forget- The media golden boy is back. If Peyton lights up the Steelers terrible secondary, the media will also likely jump on the Broncos bandwagon too.

All of these things will overshadow the Ravens. Trust me.

Th only attention the Ravens will get is the "Ray Lewis and Ed Reed are too old" and the "Falcco thinks he's good, but we have our doubts" stories.
    This isn't just anybody, two words for u, Jamie Dukes. The only analyst that is even more biased on that network is Heath Evans.

This isn't actually about the Ravens at all, he's had them winning things before. The difference was glowing review of Flacco, FLACCO!!! This guy in every Ravens segment always is the debby downer of our young QB. This is a guy who at every turn (except this year) would get face height with Matt Ryan's genitals. He's done a complete 180.

Hell freezing over, Pigs with wings, Cats and Dogs living together, yeah that just happened, lol!!!

I'm actually just having fun with this and know that Flacco's rise is apparent to everyone and can't be denied, except when talking to Skip Bayless, Heath Evans, and dumbass concussion patient and shouldn't be on TV Merrill Hoge.

Blog Entries

Actually, Jamie Dukes has never been a huge Ravens doubter, it's mostly been Flacco he's really down on. Jamie always mentions how good Ray Lewis still is etc... but when it comes to Flacco, he just always comes up with stupid arguments on to why he thinks he's average. However, guys like Skip Bayless, and Heath Evans are just general Raven haters.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    This reminds me...I'm STILL hearing and reading about the Ravens "aging" defense. Ray Lewis and Ed Reed aside, who is so old on defense?? We have alot of young defensive guys so where are people getting this notion from?

Blog Entries

Well, if you have a flight today, Ms. Piggy might be hitting your window.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore