Ravens related because of REX - it appears Jets management and REX not on same page

Rex coming out publically and claiming drafting Stephen Hill wasn't his idea - wasn't his pick. Link below.

This ought to do wonders for the Jets cohesiveness and Rex's job security. If he doesn't produce in 2012 there may be a new head coach in 2013

And there are people on this board who thought Rex and his big mouth should be running the Ravens. Thank you Steve Biscotti for sparing us from Rex.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

Blog Entries
    Seems like a non issue article to me.
    I saw that they cut 3 of their draft picks and thought that was odd. Also saw where Rex says this could be their best team since he's been coach. I guess we will know soon enough

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: Ravens related because of REX - it appears Jets management and REX not on same page

We got better value with our head coach and a WR with the same potential in Tommy Streeter.

Re: Ravens related because of REX - it appears Jets management and REX not on same page

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    And there are people on this board who thought Rex and his big mouth should be running the Ravens. Thank you Steve Biscotti for sparing us from Rex.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack

Here's the deal with rex. He tells it like it is. Apparently his front office is not on the same page with him, which is too bad for him and the organization. Had he gotten the HC job in baltimore and had Flacco to work with for 4 years he may have already won a SB or two. Who knows. Just sayin'.

Is it commonplace to question the FO about a pick this close to when he was drafted? I mean, damn, this seemed honest even for Rex.

Blog Entries

Lol, this current Jets team is no where near as good as it was back in 09 or 2010. With that said, I do feel sorry for him with the trash he has to work with right now, it's not all his fault.

Blog Entries

So he didnt want Hill who is officially the 2nd best wr on the team, despite what cromartie thinks. So in other words he was fine with literally having no second option in the passing game as he didnt want a wr at all it seems. Hills looked pretty good considering whos throwing to him. I read some articles that said hes more polished than they expected, which is what i believe rex was saying even though he cant claim him now. I think it was just rexs way of giving them props for knowing talent he didnt necessarily see himself. Might be a disconnect but i dont think that was his intention with these comments.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

They don't have a first or second option when you two QBs who suck balls, i feel bad for Rex, he turned a jets team around that herm edwards ran into the ground, he brought some swag back to the jets, but he's gettin a raw deal with the talent he has behind center.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    They don't have a first or second option when you two QBs who suck balls, i feel bad for Rex, he turned a jets team around that herm edwards ran into the ground, he brought some swag back to the jets, but he's gettin a raw deal with the talent he has behind center.
    News Alert. Herm Edwards wasn't responsible for the team Rex inherited. Mangini was the head coach and I am pretty sure he won 9 or 10 games one year before being let go. The Jet fans are the only ones with a 'raw deal'. Their GM and Head Coach have ridiculous egos, which I can understand, but they prefer to make their opinions public. Mistake. I say that both of these guys will be somewhere else in the next year or so..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    News Alert. Herm Edwards wasn't responsible for the team Rex inherited. Mangini was the head coach and I am pretty sure he won 9 or 10 games one year before being let go. The Jet fans are the only ones with a 'raw deal'. Their GM and Head Coach have ridiculous egos, which I can understand, but they prefer to make their opinions public. Mistake. I say that both of these guys will be somewhere else in the next year or so..
    completely forgot about Eric head coach tenure there when the name jets come up all i can think of his herm saying "we play to win the game" i agree both Rex and the GM will be gone real soon i believe it hinges on this season. Them being public about everything is the new york way or the jets way anyways. Rex is still a great DC so he won't be out of a job too long.

I read the story......its actually a complement to Mike Tannenbaum, not a put down....as usual, the "news" business is a bunch of clowns.
    Way Down South in New Orleans