Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens-Redskins "Rivalry"

Hahaha, that's cute. Redskin-Raven Rivalry... if we considered them it would give them credit. Let them make the playoffs or win the division or even a playoff game and then come back and we can have the discussion.

Their was never a rivalry with the Redskins, the Colts used to beat them like a redheaded stepchild.

The Colts rival in the 60's was the Packers, many epic games that decided the the Championship game participant.

Then in the 70's the Colts rival was the Dolphins, once Shula went thier.
    The early games in the 70's decided the AFC Champ often and both teams where in the same division. Then later in the mid 70's the Colts and Dolphins fought it out for division crown alot as well.

The Orioles also beat the Senators will ease and regularity.

There is no rivalry. Might have been some "battle of the beltways" crap back in the Colt days, but I don't see it now. Most Ravens fans don't care one way or another about DC or the Redskins. Redskins haven't been a DC team for quite some time anyway, so even the City vs City thing is played out.

I don't know about the rest of you but I live in the heart of Slurs country and while the Washington fans and media try to ignore the Ravens, they hate them and are jealous of their success.

I want to see them struggle and lose as often as possible because of their arrogance and believed self importance. When we won the SB the hatred towards the Ravens and their fans was palpable especially here in PG.

We've beaten their assess every time except once and they don't like it.

As for me I simply do not like the fact that in this area the sun rises and sets on their asses and the Ravens are viewed as an outlier that deserves little to no mention.

Best memory for me was the Ravens sealing the 2004 win with a 10 play drive that started from their 20 and ending at the Slurs 10 yard line. All they needed to do was get the back with over 4 minutes left but couldn't do it because Jamal behind the HOFamer JO simply plowed them over. Slurs fans were apoplectic because the Ravens lined up in Nebraska formation and they couldn't stop it with 10 in the box. We treated them like the bitches they are.

Trust me its a rivalry and when we show up 40K strong on 12/9 they are going to have a problem with it.

It's not self importance if you are in their territory. They really are important there whether you think so or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    It's not self importance if you are in their territory. They really are important there whether you think so or not.
    That's your opinion and you are entitled to it. You're wrong but you are entitled to it.

BTW, I have no issue with the Slurs being important because they are this areas football team but to act as if nothing else matters is silly. As much as Baltimore doesn't care for the Slurs people can still discuss them on talk shows etc. In this area if you even bring up the Ravens you get run.
    Last edited by Ravens75; 11-29-2012 at 09:33 AM.

Still on that 40k kick huh? Even in the infant stages of the Ravens, the out of town fans coming to games never came close to being half the stadium.

But somehow 40,000 Ravens fans are going to invade FedEx when the Skins have a rejuvenated fan base?

RGIII has the fans excited and now they have a punchers chance at the playoffs. If 5,000 - 7,500 Ravens fans made their way to the game, I'd be impressed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Still on that 40k kick huh? Even in the infant stages of the Ravens, the out of town fans coming to games never came close to being half the stadium.

But somehow 40,000 Ravens fans are going to invade FedEx when the Skins have a rejuvenated fan base?

RGIII has the fans excited and now they have a punchers chance at the playoffs. If 5,000 - 7,500 Ravens fans made their way to the game, I'd be impressed.
    You live in Houston, I live here. If you call out of town being 30 miles apart then so be it. You are also not factoring in the numerous Ravens fans in NOVA, PG and Montgomery County. If the Steelers can have 50K like they did in 2008 when the Slurs entered the game 6-2 then why can't the Ravens have nearly that many basically in their back yard? There were over 10K in SD last year and the same if not more this year. BTW once the Giants beat the Slurs on Monday night our fair weather fans to the South will dump their tickets even moreso.

I love having these discussions with guys like you and Kev. You both are smart but you miss on something that doesn't allow you to expand your already broad horizons. Unfortunately you wouldn't believe me if I told you what it was.

BTW this is not a shot at you or him at all.

Blog Entries

The deadskins can't even beat us in preseason games, let's wait and see just how good they are playing us in a couple of weeks with RG3. They couldn't get it done vs the Steelers, we are built in a similar way to them, so we'll see.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

You are underestimating Ravens fans greatly here.

And this is some BS, the deadskins called it quits a few weeks back, and now they beat the Cowboys, and all of a sudden they are a legitamate contender? smh, typical media over hyping teams with their favorites at QB. Watch them get dominated on Monday night.

It's no where near a rivalry!! The only rival the Redskins has is Dan Snyder. Even the Cowboys fans have moved on to a Giants rivalry over the Redskins. The Redskins are a joke that no one takes seriously. The ONLY thing they have going for them is RGIII

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    You live in Houston, I live here. If you call out of town being 30 miles apart then so be it. You are also not factoring in the numerous Ravens fans in NOVA, PG and Montgomery County.
    For 34 of my 40 years on this Earth, I lived in Maryland, having grown up in HoCo and then living in Fells Point for 8 years prior to moving to Houston. I am well aware of where the fans are located and their proximity to the FedEx.

If the Steelers can have 50K like they did in 2008 when the Slurs entered the game 6-2 then why can't the Ravens have nearly that many basically in their back yard?
    For one, there was nothing close to 50k worth of Steelers fans for that game. FedEx current capacity, as of 2011, is 85,000. That would mean over half of the people in attendance were Steelers fans and that's nothing close to the actual number of of their fans that were there. A simple look at any of the game day photos proves that one.

There were over 10K in SD last year and the same if not more this year. BTW once the Giants beat the Slurs on Monday night our fair weather fans to the South will dump their tickets even moreso.
    Again, another overestimation. The folks over at The West Wing pegged the Ravens fans attendance at around 5,000. And it appears you're not paying attention to the Skins this year. They have a huge buzz right now and RGIII is drawing folks back to the stadium.

I love having these discussions with guys like you and Kev. You both are smart but you miss on something that doesn't allow you to expand your already broad horizons. Unfortunately you wouldn't believe me if I told you what it was.

BTW this is not a shot at you or him at all.
    Except that it is. You really do need to chill with shots like these.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    You are underestimating Ravens fans greatly here.

And this is some BS, the deadskins called it quits a few weeks back, and now they beat the Cowboys, and all of a sudden they are a legitamate contender? smh, typical media over hyping teams with their favorites at QB. Watch them get dominated on Monday night.
    I call BS on your BS. RGIII has the fans excited again. Read anything in the Washington Post and you can see that much to be true.

And I never once called them a "legitimate contender". I said they have a punchers chance for the playoffs. Take a look; they are only a game out of the Wild Card hunt .....

http://www.nfl.com/playoffs/playoff-picture

Combine that with RGIII and I don't see fans dumping tickets like they used to. And even if they did, it wouldn't sniff 40,000.