Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 37 to 48 of 128
  1. #37
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    1,862

    Re: Steelers woes continue



    as far as wr/cb depth I suspect the Stoolers will grab some of the last cuts from other teams.
    I think the big question with them is how long the QB holds up. one (genuine) injury to him and I think they're .500 or worse.
    Baltimore Ravens, 2012 NFL Champions!




  2. #38

    Re: Steelers woes continue

    PSU's love and affection for the Steelers continues.

    It isn't their birth right to be good every year, and they have had an unbelievable amount of busts recently. This is a fact. Their past accomplishments mean jack shit for 2012.

    For a team that doesn't sign free agents, that is a problem that will catch up with you eventually.

    Like right now, when injuries pop up and you have no one to replace hurt players. If you would actually take an objective look at the state of their 53 man roster, you would see what I am talking about.

    Hell they couldn't even find more than 4 corners, or 4 wide receivers to make the team this year, and those are the only positions they HAVEN'T had injuries at.

    PSU, you are a betting man why not a friendly wager on the Steelers winning 12 games again like I am guessing you are predicting ? Pm me if interested.

    It ain't happening.




  3. #39
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    12,202
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Steelers woes continue

    Hate to see that to anyone or any team. We want to beat them at their best so their inbreds won't have any excuses.

    With all the injuries around NFL since camp opened and
    just think about when the season really begins, it's
    literally gonna come down to the last man standing.

    Piss has had good drafts. Pouncey was a great pick and made pro bowl and Jen fell to them at #9 I
    think it was when SD picked Rivers. I thought
    that was crazy at the time and thought Jen
    was the best QB in that draft.

    They seem to counter Ozzies moves. We draft
    Oher, they draft Pouncey and so on.
    UBER RAVENS FAN AND HISTORIAN GURU.




  4. #40
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Steelers woes continue

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Hate to see that to anyone or any team. We want to beat them at their best so their inbreds won't have any excuses.

    With all the injuries around NFL since camp opened and
    just think about when the season really begins, it's
    literally gonna come down to the last man standing.

    Piss has had good drafts. Pouncey was a great pick and made pro bowl and Jen fell to them at #9 I
    think it was when SD picked Rivers. I thought
    that was crazy at the time and thought Jen
    was the best QB in that draft.

    They seem to counter Ozzies moves. We draft
    Oher, they draft Pouncey and so on.
    Just like when they pick Mendenhall and Limas Sweed in 08, while we pick up Flacco and Rice in the same draft. Yeah, Ozzie is always getting countered.




  5. #41

    Re: Steelers woes continue

    I strongly disagree with the medicore TE duo... what exactly is that based on?




  6. #42

    Re: Steelers woes continue

    Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    PSU, you are a betting man why not a friendly wager on the Steelers winning 12 games again like I am guessing you are predicting ? Pm me if interested.

    It ain't happening.
    Why would I do that when I could get 10 or 10.5 with Vegas?

    You mistake "respect" with "love." Many fans do.

    Quote Originally Posted by scbgirlxo View Post
    I strongly disagree with the medicore TE duo... what exactly is that based on?
    Probably with the fact that by every single simple and advanced metric, either one of them is middle of the pack? Maybe they break out this year, but I'm definitely not going to just assume that they do just for the sake of inflating how good our drafts have been.

    - C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

    www.oblongspheroid.com

    A blog about any and everything football.

    Twitter: oblong_spheroid




  7. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Glen Burnie, MD
    Posts
    1,097

    Re: Steelers woes continue

    Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Sorry, my hate is blind. Any other team I'll give a logical post, but not them. Blame it on the Steelers fans within my own family in which I have to defend my Ravens team from 365 days a year for the last decade and more. I'm a product of my environment and my brain cuts off. I pre-apologize for any future post concerning them. These boards are my therapy.
    That's a great post. I can relate..




  8. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    369

    Re: Steelers woes continue

    At least the speculation is over and it all begins this week. It is easy to write off the Steelers on paper but hard to do it on the field.

    As far as drafts go, they still own the best record since the merger and that covers 43 years of football. The success started when Dan Rooney took over operations fron his dad.




  9. #45

    Re: Steelers woes continue

    Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    At least the speculation is over and it all begins this week. It is easy to write off the Steelers on paper but hard to do it on the field.
    One of the sports reporters they had on one of the 105.7 shows said he doesn't doubt what the Ravens and Steelers do until proven otherwise: both teams have earned the benefit of the doubt.

    I think he's right. I think the Steelers will be in the mix for the division again, and so will we. Cinncinnati had an exciting season last year, but they usually follow those with a down year. They're young and don't have much behind A.J. Green to scare an opposing defense, and while their defense isn't bad, it isn't dominant, either.




  10. #46

    Re: Steelers woes continue

    Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Probably with the fact that by every single simple and advanced metric, either one of them is middle of the pack? Maybe they break out this year, but I'm definitely not going to just assume that they do just for the sake of inflating how good our drafts have been.

    - C -
    Every one? I know pitta was over 70% for his catch rate which i thought was near the top of the league last year. Not saying that makes him a top TE and certainly doesnt account for blocking which a te requires as well but thats at least a sign that with more opportunities and the same success he theoretically could be a top receiving TE. Or in other words was a good TE in his limited opportunities.
    -JAB




  11. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Tampa, Fl.
    Posts
    369

    Re: Steelers woes continue

    Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    One of the sports reporters they had on one of the 105.7 shows said he doesn't doubt what the Ravens and Steelers do until proven otherwise: both teams have earned the benefit of the doubt.

    I think he's right. I think the Steelers will be in the mix for the division again, and so will we. Cinncinnati had an exciting season last year, but they usually follow those with a down year. They're young and don't have much behind A.J. Green to scare an opposing defense, and while their defense isn't bad, it isn't dominant, either.
    I think you are right. The Bengals have done enough to earn respect and I think they will be a tough out. They have some weak spots. I think another side is that they have to convince themselevs that they are winners and that is a ceiling teams need to break through.




  12. #48

    Re: Steelers woes continue

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Every one? I know pitta was over 70% for his catch rate which i thought was near the top of the league last year. Not saying that makes him a top TE and certainly doesnt account for blocking which a te requires as well but thats at least a sign that with more opportunities and the same success he theoretically could be a top receiving TE. Or in other words was a good TE in his limited opportunities.
    I meant overall. I admit there are things they do very well and I'm not saying they suck. But by themselves, neither are anything more than average NFL talent. Together they're an above avg TE duo compared to most of the rest of the league's 2 TE sets. But neither is a stand-out and most NFL teams don't rely on their second TE to do anything more than specialize in blocking and come in on heavy packages.

    - C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

    www.oblongspheroid.com

    A blog about any and everything football.

    Twitter: oblong_spheroid




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland