Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Steelers woes continue

Just seen that their top LB pick from this draft that I also heard the Ravens may have been interested is out of the year.

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...n-knee-651358/

It's going to be a health race in the AFC North this year, let alone the league. I'm probably wrong on this, but I swear the # of leg injuries have skyrocketed since the league added all of these head rules trying to protect against concussions.

This along with DeCastro, it's not looking good at least for the rookies they have that were thought to be impact players.

Re: Steelers woes continue

Wow.

They were relying on him to step up too.

Things cannot get much worse for them.

Blog Entries

Sean Spence was someone I really liked too, I thought he was their best pick in the draft. Now they have to rely on Larry Foote.

Blog Entries

Yet the ravens are the ones that are beat up and wont compete this year... I hate the media for their blatant bias.
    -JAB

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

I thought I'd read one of the other threads where one of the talking heads (Gruden, maybe? I could be wrong) was cited as predicting that the Ravens would finish behind Pitt and Cincy this season. It's important to first note that I can't predict a sunrise, much less how the Ravens will do in 2012, and I have to laugh at all of the media types who bloviate about how this team or that will perform.

But a point that may be overlooked here is, many posters seem to feel like Pitt will do well this year, because "they can't be ignored", but many feel that the Ravens may falter because Suggs is out. I dont discount either of those types of opinions, but I'll be interested to see how both these teams end up by January 2013.

Blog Entries

Here is the link to the NFL.com predictions. 3 of 16 picked the Ravens in the Super Bowl and 1 has them winning it. Most have the Ravens winning the division

http://www.nfl.com/kickoff/story/0ap...P11_hot_topics

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

GOTA-
    Thanks for the link.

As you know, I've tried over the years to offer the Perception Experiment threads as a way of providing some perspective on how the tides of popular opinion shift based upon key player injuries, draft picks, preseason performance, and a host of othe important factors -- the wind, the hero du jour, bandwagons, and a lot of other "critical analysis elements"! ;) I just felt like I've read a lot of concern about how the Ravens may have some challenges to their 2012 capabilities, particularly on defense, and losing Suggs will likely have a big impact. I also see a lot of threads on Pitt's issues, with injuries and other stuff that one would think will cause them to not be a powerhouse. What I think I've seen over the years is that Pitt often gets a season result that is better than what many assume early in the year, and the Ravens do okay as well.

Not sure what all that means, but for shits and grins, I copied the predictions from your link, and plan to check back on them at season's end. Just a long shot, but any idea if there's a link to a history of sorts for these prognosticators for more than this season, in a way that we could look at their rate of success for past seasons' predictions? I'm curious as to how ell they have done over the course of multiple years.

One other thing that is telling, is that they only carried 4 receivers on their 53 man roster. FOUR in todays NFL!? Could not even find a 5th WR?? Meanwhile we had to stash our 7th on the practice squad.

Oh and here let me give you their retort... "Chris Rainey is our 5th WR he is the next great Steeler. He can do it all run, pass, throw, catch. Watch you will see!

Lol at having a RB as your 5th wideout. A 5th round rookie at that. A 5th Round rookie who played in 52 games in college, with a mind boggling.....69 receptions.

Dark days in Western PA for sure.
    Last edited by TheJoeFlaccoShow; 09-01-2012 at 10:19 AM.

THe steelers carrying cotchery last year was pretty indicative of their dire need for some WR depth.

Blog Entries

man I hate to see preseason injuries like this. Not sure what can be done but it sucks.

Not sure how much it will actually impact the team at this point. There are some guys that just became available and they could plug in another backup. Sure it hurts short term but every team deals with it.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

11. Re: Steelers woes continue

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    man I hate to see preseason injuries like this. Not sure what can be done but it sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post

Not sure how much it will actually impact the team at this point. There are some guys that just became available and they could plug in another backup. Sure it hurts short term but every team deals with it.
    It was an ugly injury. I never saw a knee hyperextend like his did. It was a no contact injury.