Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Re: Steelers woes continue

I wasn't that surprised by the loss. The stage was set.

"• The Broncos came in with a 38-13-1 record in home openers, the NFL’s best such record. They had won 24 of their previous 28.

I wish I could multi quote pretty much every post in this thread.

The Steelers have a flawed, old, thin roster with holes everywhere. I have been saying it for months, and you saw it last night.

They are a 9-7 or 8-8 team, although they could squeak out 10 wins if they get lucky. If they didnt have Ben it would be .500 at best.

I took that utterly ridiculous -1 line and cleaned up last night, because the entire country is so blinded by the past which means nothing. All you had to do was look at the roster and it was clear as day.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    I wish I could multi quote pretty much every post in this thread.

The Steelers have a flawed, old, thin roster with holes everywhere. I have been saying it for months, and you saw it last night.

They are a 9-7 or 8-8 team, although they could squeak out 10 wins if they get lucky. If they didnt have Ben it would be .500 at best.

I took that utterly ridiculous -1 line and cleaned up last night, because the entire country is so blinded by the past which means nothing. All you had to do was look at the roster and it was clear as day.
    Even if they suck, they wlll play us like the Super Bowl is on the line........but the lesser teams will the chomping at the bit for them.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Even if they suck, they wlll play us like the Super Bowl is on the line........but the lesser teams will the chomping at the bit for them.
    They won't "suck" with Ben at QB but this is a team that is not built for any type of run this year. Only saving grace might be the weakness of AFC depth, so they could easily squeak in postseason at 9-7 or something.

Blog Entries

They won't "suck" with Ben at QB but this is a team that is not built for any type of run this year. Only saving grace might be the weakness of AFC depth, so they could easily squeak in postseason at 9-7 or something.
    They're going to have to make some tough decisions next off-season.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    They're going to have to make some tough decisions next off-season.
    Yep. Until they get out of this perpetual cycle of cap hell, and poor drafting they won't be getting number 7. Or close to it.

The big choice next year will be Wallace, or cutting 3 significant vets to make room for him. Everyone thinks they can franchise him, but they don't realize they don't have $11 million in cap room to do it unless more deep cuts or restructures that jack up already insane cap numbers for the future are made.

They keep trying to hang on to the 2008 glory, apparently a rebuild is not an option. I have no problem with them wallowing in mediocrity for a few years being hard headed though. Better for us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    You are correct on the ratings. This will be a big deal and it should be to see the premier quarterback in the League make his comeback attempt. There will be a lot of pressure on him but few deal with pressure the way he does.

I predict a Denver win.
    no surprise; highest rating every for SNF: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...atings-to-nbc/

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Yep. Until they get out of this perpetual cycle of cap hell, and poor drafting they won't be getting number 7. Or close to it.

The big choice next year will be Wallace, or cutting 3 significant vets to make room for him. Everyone thinks they can franchise him, but they don't realize they don't have $11 million in cap room to do it unless more deep cuts or restructures that jack up already insane cap numbers for the future are made.

They keep trying to hang on to the 2008 glory, apparently a rebuild is not an option. I have no problem with them wallowing in mediocrity for a few years being hard headed though. Better for us.
    I think they made their decision when they re-signed Antonio Brown.

Like you said, they don't have the room to franchise Wallace and unless they fork over big time $$$ for the guy, he's not re-signing in Pittsburgh. Ike Taylor is another one and so is James Harrison.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.