Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Steelers woes continue

It's pretty impressive that the steelers had statistically the number one pass defense when their secondary is so thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Sorry, my hate is blind. Any other team I'll give a logical post, but not them. Blame it on the Steelers fans within my own family in which I have to defend my Ravens team from 365 days a year for the last decade and more. I'm a product of my environment and my brain cuts off. I pre-apologize for any future post concerning them. These boards are my therapy.
    I only have an Aunt and Uncle that I see probably twice a year who are Steeler fans...and they know not to discuss football around me during our holiday gatherings. Considering I've lived most of my life in PA, I guess that's not too bad to only have two relatives lingering in the dark side. Having Steeler fans in your family is a scourge on the family name...sorta like that relative who gets sent away to the mental institution.

Blog Entries

I'd rather have the relative in the mental institution...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I only have an Aunt and Uncle that I see probably twice a year who are Steeler fans...and they know not to discuss football around me during our holiday gatherings. Considering I've lived most of my life in PA, I guess that's not too bad to only have two relatives lingering in the dark side. Having Steeler fans in your family is a scourge on the family name...sorta like that relative who gets sent away to the mental institution.
    :word

My sister is a supposed "Steelers" fan...but she also claims she is a Yankee fan...so I always give her grief about being a bandwagon fan. That's pretty typical.

I think the worst types of fans are bandwagon fans who know jack shit about the team and the sport in general. Horrifically obnoxious. I mean, if you're going to be a bandwagon fan at least know a little bit about the team and the sport.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

It's pretty funny.

I've noticed a trend over at Pro football Talk. Since the report that the Steelers have the largest women's fan base, every time there is a story about the Steelers, someone comments below, "Sweet, my girlfriend will be excited" or "Damn, my girlfreind will be upset now."

It's pretty gold.

And true. \

My office has football tailgates on fridays. We have a few NE patriots jerseys, Giants even some 49ers. There are about 5 or 6 steeler fans. All women.

Blog Entries

I'm married, with a couple of kids, so it's all over for me. But, if you are single, would you date a girl who was a Steelers fan, or would that be a deal breaker? I am thinking there would be a lot of angry sex in such a relationship.

Did I say that out loud?

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I am thinking there would be a lot of angry sex in such a relationship.
    Perhaps angry the week before.
    And she'd withhold afterward...at least until she got over the loss.

Blog Entries

I'm married, with a couple of kids, so it's all over for me. But, if you are single, would you date a girl who was a Steelers fan, or would that be a deal breaker? I am thinking there would be a lot of angry sex in such a relationship.

Did I say that out loud?
    Hmm. In the past, I'd say no way. But now that Hines Ward is gone, maybe it could work. Only if she was a virgin though, and never kissed any other guy before. (stage kisses count too)

Blog Entries

Did I say that out loud?

I know people who are married and have split households like that. One girl I was in the Navy with was an avid Texas A&M fan and her husband went to U of Texas.

It can be done, but IMO (for me at least) the girl would have to be pretty damn special in order for me to look past her fandom of all things Pittsburgh.

Luckily though, my wife wasn't really a sports fan until she met me and has taken the Ravens as her team although she still roots for the Giants as she is from NJ and her family are all Giants fans, which is ok by me. I actually don't mind the Giants.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Bump^

Steelers sign recently cut cornerback Demarcus Van Dyke.

He was cut from Oakland a few days ago.
    So with the new rules,to make room they can put DeCastro on IR and pull him off later in the season?

Blog Entries

Just saw that Harrison has been ruled out for the Denver game this weekend.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I am starting to think the Steelers are going to get pwned by Manning.

They have nobody that can pressure him now and left alone in the backfield, he will pick them apart 10-15 yards at a time.