Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Albert McClellan

Since it doesn't seem like Courtney Upshaw will be ready for the Bengals, does this make Albert McClellan a full-time starter?

McClellan is a smart player with a quality work ethic and a good amount of potential. I am glad to see him get this chance.

Let me be clear, no one is or was going to replace Terrell Suggs. However, the reality is that Albert McClellan is going to be the best option out there and that it isn't as bad a reality as people might think .
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Albert McClellan

Well between him, Kruger, Upshaw and Kindle he's definitely been the most consistent. I was impressed with his ability to not only set the edge but to shed blocks too.

Blog Entries

He was practically named a starter weeks ago. Hes clearly been the best option, even when upshaw was healthy he didnt show anything near what mccellan did. No brainer imo.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

It's not like there is someone else on the roster who can do that job.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's not like there is someone else on the roster who can do that job.
    Do I have to start blindly pumping up Albert McClellan GOTA?........hhhhmmmmm?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

McClellan has looked better than Kruger and it's not even close. If we where to sign a vet to start for us, I'd rather have McClellan start along side him than Kruger, from what I've seen of the preseason.

Btw McClellan is jacked, just saying...

He also has great size at 6#2 and 255 lbs.

Blog Entries

Shaslers is another guy who has been talking about Albert McClellan for a while.

Blog Entries
    It's a leap of faith with McClellin. If the unit was stronger I think he'd be fine. Given the players around him it's going to be a little tougher. Hopefully he is up to the challenge. We do know he's going to work his ass off to succeed which is a great thing.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Shaslers is another guy who has been talking about Albert McClellan for a while.
    Yes I have. While the competition has not been fantastic per se, Albert has earned the job.

Would he start at JJs spot or Suggs spot?

Comparing an up and coming player to the NFL's defensive player of the year is unfair, so I won't entertain it.

I think he'd certainly push JJ for starting time. It's one of those cases where it seems unlikely, but we'd have said that Dennis Pitta had no business being compared to Todd Heap, but now it's clear Pitta passed Todd in terms of contribution.

I think it's fair to say McClellan could start on nearly any defense in the NFL right now.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    Would he start at JJs spot or Suggs spot?
    He's at Suggs and Kruger is at JJ's