Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Safety James Ihedigbo visits

Veteran safety with Jets and Patriots. Special teams guy with some passion. Not big news, but thought it was interesting. News from Aaron Wilson.

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Safety James Ihedigbo visited the Ravens today, according to a league source.

Re: Safety James Ihedigbo visits

The question would be if signed, could this please be the end to the Considine experiment now. I'm worried he could actually see the field on defense by him just being here.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    The question would be if signed, could this please be the end to the Considine experiment now. I'm worried he could actually see the field on defense by him just being here.
    Was expecting to see him on the cut list. I assume that would be a decent cap savings.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Was expecting to see him on the cut list. I assume that would be a decent cap savings.
    I think that Harbs had something to do with him staying more than anything. A couple players have that soft spot reason for being here.

I thought he'd be the next logical guy to bring in.

He isn't a typical safety though...he is sort of a hybrid guy who needs a DC who can put in spots he can succeed...basically don't have him covering WR's or trying to cover deep.

Sean Consi-done!

Blog Entries

Sean Considine is making about 800k. Not sure if any of that is guaranteed, but the savings we'll see from him probably is offset by signing Ihedigbo.

I'm for bringing in this guy because it'll give us some insight to Pats system, but I don't see this guy being a huge upgrade over Considine. Maybe just healthier...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

He was pretty bad with the Patriots. Although he wasn't surrounded by the best talent in the world either. Maybe a change of scenery would be good.

BTW Aaron Wilson reports that we plan on signing him.
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Blog Entries

According to http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/baltimore...ean-considine/, it looks like the cap savings for Considine would be about 530k. So, it may end up costing us MORE to sign Ihedigbo. His contract he had signed with NE was 1 year, 765k.

BmoreRavor, care to spot check my math there?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Insurance and special teams contributor. I think it's because of the broken leg of Emanual Cook more than anything.

Blog Entries

If we sign him, expect someone else to be cut, I think the Ravens want to go in with 5 safeties (we oly have 4 currently) which IMO would be a mistake, because we should have just cut Considine, pointless signing, he was complete garbage in the pre season.

How many concussions did Considine suffer so far, 1 or 2? Does he have a history of them from other teams?

I just see him being sidelined a lot this year if he sticks to the 53.

I wonder the odds of Omar Brown being called up? I didn't hear good or bad on his special teams ability.