Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Cuts from around the league the Ravens may be interested in:

Sage Rosenfels was also released. Any of these guys would be better than Taylor/Painter...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    There are now 3 decent backup options in Seneca Wallace, Brian Hoyer and Mike Kafka sitting out there. Any chance the Ravens get 1 of them?
    Would honestly invest that money in a viable option at OLB/DE (if one comes up) than a guy to sit on the bench.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Would honestly invest that money in a viable option at OLB/DE (if one comes up) than a guy to sit on the bench.
    One isn't going to come up. How many pass rushers with any history of success are ever cut? Even Freeney with that insane $14 million cap number is staying

Blog Entries

One isn't going to come up. How many pass rushers with any history of success are ever cut? Even Freeney with that insane $14 million cap number is staying
    I'm really drunk, so I can only dream of someone fixing our pass rush problems right now. We need someone though.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm really drunk, so I can only dream of someone fixing our pass rush problems right now. We need someone though.
    With what the Ravens have for talent looks like they will be playing a lot of 4 - 3 defense - with four big lineman doing all the pushing and rushing - with Pees keeping everybody confused by blitzing from all over the place. And have Joe put a lot of points on the board - every game.

The Colts would trade him for a 2nd or 3rd but no one wants his $14 mil cap number. Pagano moved him and mathis to OLBs which is not their position and it showed in the pre season. So the Colts are just riding with him but if someone threw a pick at them they would trade him.

Blog Entries
    I would be all over Brian Hoyer.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by rharris1986 View Post
    With what the Ravens have for talent looks like they will be playing a lot of 4 - 3 defense - with four big lineman doing all the pushing and rushing - with Pees keeping everybody confused by blitzing from all over the place. And have Joe put a lot of points on the board - every game.
    To be honest, with our weakness at OLB, I could see us starting McClain at that spot. That would put Kruger or McClellan at DE with McPhee and the other at the other OLB spot. Ngata, Kemo, and Cody in the middle. I like how that sounds truthfully. They are smart cookies over there in Owings Mills and I'm sure they thought of this too.

Blog Entries

Did our cuts create any cap space? If not we're at about 600k. If we cut Taylor and buy a new QB, I'd guess Taylor's contract would count something against that 600k remainder, so it would be even lower.

I'm not sure what the vet minimum is but... like... I'm pretty damn sure that we can't afford anybody is what I'm saying.

Unless there is a contract restructure, or a veteran cut, we ain't signin nuthin

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I would be all over Brian Hoyer.
    I'm sure Mrs. Wickedsolo wouldn't be happy to hear about this........

Not that we would be interested in him again, but former Raven Chris Carr has been cut by the Vikings. Sucks considering at one time he was looking to become a starter here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dont Know View Post
    Can we bring back Eron Riley who got cut by the Jets? :DeadHorse:
    Always liked that guy. More catches, more yards, and more TD's (better 4o time too) than DHB his Senior year, in the same conference.