Re: Cuts from around the league the Ravens may be interested in:

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Buffalo released DL Dwan Edwards.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    I don't view Kruger's play as unimpressive at all. I did wonder where McPhee has been all preseason...
    Tell me one thing that Kruger has done this preseason that should give confidence in his ability to adequately replace Johnson? He made one memorable play, that being the near interception against the Lions. He's been invisible otherwise and has failed multiple times to set the edge when teams run his way - gets sucked inside way too easily. If it was just once or twice it'd be one thing but I can think of several times just off the top of my head that it's happened throughout the preseason, including last night.

I'm a Kruger fan, of course, want to see him do well but I honestly haven't seen it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Does that mean the Browns are going with Colt McCoy as their backup? Jeez
    PFT makes it sound like it was a money issue. Cutting Wallace saves them $2.5 million. McCoy doesn't cost that much and since he did start for them he should be good enough to be the backup.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Browns just cut Seneca Wallace.

I'd love to have him in here as our #2.

No cap room though
    Another vote for Wallace

Would be an excellent No 2

One of the best games I saw last year (apart from the result) was Steelers winning 13-9. Nervous, exhausting AFC North football

McCoy got concussed, Wallace drives down the field and they put McCoy back in?? Browns lost

We'll never know what could have happened but I liked Wallace before that game and was impressed from his few snaps in it

A smart, wily and experienced vet who would be happy for a backup spot

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter
    Buffalo released DL Dwan Edwards.
    Dwan the Legend! I mean doorstop....

6. Re: Cuts from around the league the Ravens may be interested in:

Wallace would be a nice option here for sure.

I think it hurt Kruger when Suggs went down. Now, he's looked to as "the guy" as opposed to the supporter. I think it would have been ideal for him to have Suggs opposite of him where he could have had a lot of one on one situations and not as much pressure to be the sack artist.

This Hamilton that people are speaking of, any truth to that rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by Lime in the Coconut View Post
    Wallace would be a nice option here for sure.

I think it hurt Kruger when Suggs went down. Now, he's looked to as "the guy" as opposed to the supporter. I think it would have been ideal for him to have Suggs opposite of him where he could have had a lot of one on one situations and not as much pressure to be the sack artist.

This Hamilton that people are speaking of, any truth to that rumor?
    If he gets signed, who gets cut? I think the logical answer would be Kindle, but it could also be Ellerbe, C. Brown, or Harewood/Wragge.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    PFT makes it sound like it was a money issue. Cutting Wallace saves them $2.5 million. McCoy doesn't cost that much and since he did start for them he should be good enough to be the backup.
    Except he's been asking for a trade. Somehow I think he'll be the starter by mid year and it'll be due to injury

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Eagles cut SS O.J. Atogwe.

Wow, that's crazy. He was one of those guys linked to us here as a 3rd rounder. He slid a lot in the 2011 draft, but played decently as a rookie last year. Shocked he's cut.

In this passing league the ILB is not as valued anymore unless they're good in coverage. Just as the days of the true dominant RB may be over, so are the days of the dominant ILB. Ray Lewis, Brian Urlacher and Patrick Willis are dinosaurs.

I don't view Kruger's play as unimpressive at all. I did wonder where McPhee has been all preseason...
    With regard to the pass rush, I think it's important to keep in mind that teams run very few passing plays in the preseason that puts their QB in a position to get hit. By that, I mean, a lot of 3 step drops designed to get the ball out and a lot of max protection. Once the regular season rolls around, we'll see teams run more 5 and 7 step drops and more mismatches in terms of base protection in the face of blitzes. Also, a new DC that, by all reports, is getting creative with the scheme and pre-snap looks doesn't want opposing OC's to be able to start dissecting what we're doing in the preseason. In fact, I wouldn't expect the Ravens to really start bringing the house until week 3 against the Pats...They're going to want to throw as many surprise looks at Brady as they possibly can, and neither Dalton nor Vick are the surgeons that Brady is so they won't need anything nearly as foreign or complex as what they'll come at Brady with.

None of the former is fact, simply an opinion

Blog Entries

There are now 3 decent backup options in Seneca Wallace, Brian Hoyer and Mike Kafka sitting out there. Any chance the Ravens get 1 of them?