Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Cuts from around the league the Ravens may be interested in:

Giants also cut RB DJ Ware.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I'd be quick to say that I bet Oz is working a deal somewhere, but with no cap room, I'm not sure how much they can do.
    I thought we had close to 5 mil....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Giants cut ILB Greg Jones.

Surprised by that. He was one of the top rated MLB prospects coming out of Michigan State a year ago.
    He's a blockhead. The Giants were forced to use him last year and he was to dopey to play the position. That's why the ended up resigning Chase Blackburn off the street who actually played great for them and got a new contract.

Blog Entries

Bears cut Josh McCown. If backup QB is a concern he's been a solid vet backup for years.

My hope at this point is that Ozzie can pull off an OLB version of the 2010 Josh Wilson trade, which I believe happened right after final cuts that year. He won't get anyone great, but I'd settle for someone merely good. Cap space might complicate things, though.

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    My hope at this point is that Ozzie can pull off an OLB version of the 2010 Josh Wilson trade, which I believe happened right after final cuts that year. He won't get anyone great, but I'd settle for someone merely good. Cap space might complicate things, though.
    Normally I hate to use draftpicks.. in this case if a secondround pick helps, then do it we need some kind of decent help.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by elland View Post
    Normally I hate to use draftpicks.. in this case if a secondround pick helps, then do it we need some kind of decent help.
    I am expecting Ozzie to make a trade by the end of the weekend, but I doubt that he will trade a pick higher than a 4th round pick. The kind of player he will be able to get in a trade will be decent, but not a game changer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Josh Wilson was traded before the 4th preseason game.

If Ozzie is going to make a trade it would most likely be today. Teams are looking to trade guys that they will be forced to cut. The pressure is on every team to make a move now. Only teams who then pick up a released player would have to get rid of somebody after today. That's a much smaller group of teams. If there is going to be a trade chances are it will be this afternoon.

Blog Entries

Who else wishes those trade rumours about Osi actually came to light a few months back?

I want Andre Carter, or a trade with someone, we cannot go in with what we have and expect to have a decent pass rush.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    I thought we had close to 5 mil....
    http://ravens24x7.com/forum/showthre...ary-Cap-status

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Who else wishes those trade rumours about Osi actually came to light a few months back?

I want Andre Carter, or a trade with someone, we cannot go in with what we have and expect to have a decent pass rush.
    Jerry Reese is an amazing GM. He didn't panic. He stuck to his guns and made a deal where both the team and Osi were happy. I really wanted that trade too, in 2011 and 2012, but I knew it wouldn't happen.

If Carter could play he'd be on a team. He's too good at a position that every team needs to be out of work. Honestly we're going to have to be pretty lucky to get a pass rusher this time of year. Those guys are like gold. Unless you get an Antwan Barnes type who looks like a scrub but surprises I don't think you're finding one.

We have more cap space than people think. If we want to make a trade or sign a player we can . We do have close to $5 mil but once the season starts that number goes into effect and and become higher if we do some injury settlements or cut a vet or 2.

For some reason i tend to belive Aaron wilson' cap view more than this guy and if he says we have enough space for a Flacco deal or to sign a vet i belive him.