Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Cuts from around the league the Ravens may be interested in:

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Jerry Reese is an amazing GM. He didn't panic. He stuck to his guns and made a deal where both the team and Osi were happy. I really wanted that trade too, in 2011 and 2012, but I knew it wouldn't happen.

If Carter could play he'd be on a team. He's too good at a position that every team needs to be out of work. Honestly we're going to have to be pretty lucky to get a pass rusher this time of year. Those guys are like gold. Unless you get an Antwan Barnes type who looks like a scrub but surprises I don't think you're finding one.
    I never thought that Antwan Barnes looked like a scrub. He just looked to be one-dimensional in limited action. He could rush the paser, but was a liability in coverage, and was average at best against the run. So, overall, he wasn't a great player, but he could consistently put pressure on the QB. Even the Antwan Barnes that was on the Ravens, before he was traded would be a significant upgrade to what they have now at OLB.

There could be a trade tomorrow or Sunday from a team that wanted to cut a player but also wanted to see if they could trade him. It does not have to be today. I can see something tomorrow once all of the rush has calmed down

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    Yo Adrian!!!

Seriously, he has to get through a lot of teams to get to us.
    We would probably be close to the top of his list. Who does not want to play on the Ravens D with Ed Reed and Ray Lewis.

With the draft picks we are going to have next year I really dont see how a trade does not happen. It does not have to be for a player who was going to be cut but for a player from a team that has depth at that position and wants to get younger with a draft pick or 2.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Benny8444 View Post
    With the draft picks we are going to have next year I really dont see how a trade does not happen. It does not have to be for a player who was going to be cut but for a player from a team that has depth at that position and wants to get younger with a draft pick or 2.
    It doesn't have to be someone who would be cut but it has to be at a position where they have too many players and have to get rid of 1 of them. Usually they want to keep the young guy and get something for the more expensive vet.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I never thought that Antwan Barnes looked like a scrub. He just looked to be one-dimensional in limited action. He could rush the paser, but was a liability in coverage, and was average at best against the run. So, overall, he wasn't a great player, but he could consistently put pressure on the QB. Even the Antwan Barnes that was on the Ravens, before he was traded would be a significant upgrade to what they have now at OLB.
    Barnes was a bottom of the roster player who was inactive for many games. If you are looking for a pass rusher that's the type that may be available. Teams aren't looking to save cap space right now so they don't want to move players who they know can play but are expensive. That is unless you want to really blow them away with a big offer. The Ravens are right up against the cap and couldn't really pay that type of guy anyway.

Blog Entries

Tapp is a shitty pass rusher. He's a run stopping DE. Good player but he doesn't help this team.

Blog Entries

Pats cut Center Dan Koppen. He has to be an upgrade over Wragge. I have no confidence that Birk can hold up for an entire season, and Gradkowski is too raw to be counted on for this season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1128/dan-koppen

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Pats cut Center Dan Koppen. He has to be an upgrade over Wragge. I have no confidence that Birk can hold up for an entire season, and Gradkowski is too raw to be counted on for this season.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/1128/dan-koppen
    They cut Branch too. Sounds like the Patriots are deciding to go younger.

Blog Entries

We have more cap space than people think. If we want to make a trade or sign a player we can . We do have close to $5 mil but once the season starts that number goes into effect and and become higher if we do some injury settlements or cut a vet or 2.

For some reason i tend to belive Aaron wilson' cap view more than this guy and if he says we have enough space for a Flacco deal or to sign a vet i belive him.
    Not according to this: http://www.ravens24x7.com/columns/Th...-Opening-Night

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

We have more cap space than people think. If we want to make a trade or sign a player we can . We do have close to $5 mil but once the season starts that number goes into effect and and become higher if we do some injury settlements or cut a vet or 2.

For some reason i tend to belive Aaron wilson' cap view more than this guy and if he says we have enough space for a Flacco deal or to sign a vet i belive him.
    Aaron's only taking into account the present Rule of 51 number. He's not considering the impact of counting the full roster, IR, PUP and PS. Yes, as the article says, they can do some injury settlements, but it's not going make a huge difference. Plus, they are going to need to carry some space into the season to be able to sign injury replacements at that time. That's likely what the injury settlements will provide, though it's hard to say now what those will be.

Also, as stated in the article, they could always redo a contract if necessary.

FWIW, I try to make it a "worst case" scenario, but, with that said, Wragge and Harwood making it over Chavis and whoever would mean less Cap space - and pending any injury settlements.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 08-31-2012 at 02:35 PM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap