Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 131415

Re: Here Comes The Turk -- Running List of Cuts (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    Not so fast, I only missed Considine vs Omar Brown (misjudged the Harbs connection for him making it). I did mine right after the McBean injury. I was really playing with fire doing it that early.
    :respect

Unfortunately, I'm sure we're not the only ones with just one - and there's probably someone who got them all.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by blacknpurplepain View Post
    No way Considine should of made this team. Oh well I hope Pollard n Reed stay healthy. The Roster shape up like I thought and I am glad they kept streeter off the PS

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    There could be other signings/trades tomorrow and sunday which would open the door for someone to be cut to make room.

Blog Entries

With all the extra moves to IR, means all those salaries now count against the cap, and it is not PS money, it is whatever they were slotted to make (minus incentives which won't be reached).
    We have to be right up against the cap, need Raver or another cap man to confirm, but my gut is sensing there ain't much space left at all, hope we can have a full PS.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    trapezius injury

I am serious, they mentioned it earlier today as a possible injury settlement.
    I would just IR him and save him for next year unless they know that they are set for years to come at RB with Rice, Pierce and Rainy. That looks to be the case since rice is singed and Pierce has a 4 year deal and Rainy has a 3 year deal with RFA after. So it makes sense.

Blog Entries

I hope we trade for a pass rusher, because its not looking good at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Wragge cut...that just shows how rough today is. Guy was excited, said he was celebrating with his family tonight. Then finds out, nevermind, he is cut after all.
    I'm thinking that there's a chance that Wragge is back next week.

If they've decided to use the new IR rule on Reid, then Reid has to be on the 53-man roster til 4:00 next Tuesday, at which time, they can put him on IR. In that case, they would re-sign Wragge then.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    With all the extra moves to IR, means all those salaries now count against the cap, and it is not PS money, it is whatever they were slotted to make (minus incentives which won't be reached).
    We have to be right up against the cap, need Raver or another cap man to confirm, but my gut is sensing there ain't much space left at all, hope we can have a full PS.
    I'm working on it now, but I think they're OK. One thing I forgot about yesterday, is that all of these young guys likely have "split" contracts, which means that they make less than the $390K minimum if they end up on IR.

Or, they'll work out an injury settlement or two by Noon tomorrow.

That, or they'll restructure a contract - Suggs? Ngata?
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 08-31-2012 at 10:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rxdoxx View Post
    What are the chances of a long term deal with Flacco maybe opening some room or a vet cap casualty to relieve this issue? I think that Ozzie may want to add another player before the weekend is out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    I hope we trade for a pass rusher, because its not looking good at the moment.
    Why would any team trade a guy who is a known pass rusher?

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    We traded a known pass rusher.. to Philadelphia..

Hell.. sometimes teams even release known pass rushers. Philadelphia released him...

He had 41 tackles, 11 sacks and 2 ff's last year.

It happens.. (although your point that it is unusual is well taken)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    I'm working on it now, but I think they're OK. One thing I forgot about yesterday, is that all of these young guys likely have "split" contracts, which means that they make less than the $390K minimum if they end up on IR.

Or, they'll work out an injury settlement or two by Noon tomorrow.

That, or they'll restructure a contract - Suggs? Ngata?
    Thanks.
    I just learned from you "split" contracts.
    I was figuring somethimng like 7 extra bodies @ about $400,000 each is about 3 mil.
    Berry, Balasavage, Boren,Figgins,Streeter, R.Brown, Cook,

Injury settlement still is a cap charge yes? (just not the full liability before). Only one I can see wanting one (depending on the full extent of his injury) is Baggs with the CFL now in full swing. Looks like Bynes was "healed" and cut.

Interested to see if we can afford more, and if that affording is VS or can be VSOP :) if we do add anyone
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    wishful thinking on my part, but theres no way this FO can be content with what we have pass rushing right now.