Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LOL @ Hensley

Blog Entries

Re: LOL @ Hensley

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Or (and most likely) the majority of fans can't hear anything remotely objective.
    :word

Blog Entries

Or (and most likely) the majority of fans can't hear anything remotely objective.
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and yes it is possible for the Ravens to finish third in the AFCN this year. Hell anything is possible in the NFL, it's possible that the Ravens, the Steelers, or the Bengals could end up finishing fourth in the division.

That's not the problem most of the readers have with him. It's more to do with the fact that almost everytime he analyses the Ravens, 80 % of the content is highly negative of a team that is considered by most other NFL analyses a SB contender. It is so obvious that he has an agenda and just wants to prove that he is not a Baltimore homer, I can't think of anything else that is more obvious than that. It's things like his stupid little rankings, where he will try and be different, ranking players like Webb below players he should never be ranked below. His analysis makes no sense at times, and he constantly gets facts wrong, or speculates on things that barely ever end up coming to light.

On this particular subject, I'd say the Ravens are the least likely team to end up finishing third in the divison. Yes we lost some pieces this year. Grubbs, Jarret Johnson lost in FA, and Suggs out for a large chunk of the year is going to hurt. But when I look at the other rosters in the division, it is still clear that from top to bottom we still have a superior roster, people like to forget about the likes of Haloti Ngata, Ray Lewis, Ed Reed, Lardarius Webb, Ray Rice, Joe Flacco, Anquan Boldin etc... We rarely ever finish anything worse than second in the division with a wild card berth, the last time it happened was five years ago. The Bengals are extremely overrated and are too inexperienced as a team to win a division like this, and the Steelers have more concerns than us IMO.

Blog Entries

This isn't new. He made the same predictions earlier in the offseason, he just added different reasons for them. I don't really care what Hensley has to say. I haven't read the AFC North blog since James Walker left. And judging by the regular updates I get here, I am not really missing anything.

Blog Entries

He tries to position himself as "the guy who knows a lot about the Ravens and has the 'inside scoop' on why you shouldn't believe all those people in the media who are hyping the Ravens."

Cuz, you know, the media has such a history of hyping the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    This isn't new. He made the same predictions earlier in the offseason, he just added different reasons for them. I don't really care what Hensley has to say. I haven't read the AFC North blog since James Walker left. And judging by the regular updates I get here, I am not really missing anything.
    I REALLY miss James Walker on the AFC North blog.

It amazes me how clueless some fans/media are as to what is really going on on the division personnel wise. Anyone who knew realizes that the Steelers and Bungles are racked with injuries and question marks, and thst the Ravens have the least question marks.

Peter King picked the Steelers to go 8-8, and anyone who isn't blinded by the fact that it is the Steelers would realize their roster is in shambles due to injury and other lack.of performance.

The Bungles have an AVERAGE 2nd year QB who had played like complete garbage in the preseason, an oline racked with injuries and their prized first round pick unable to stay healthy and having setbacks with his injured knee.

I could go on and on as the OP said, it is just comical. Hensley actually claims to cover all these teams, so he is either just stupid or trying to make a 'bold prediction" based on nothing.

Anyone who wants to throw something down on Ravens 8-8 and 3rd place let me know, I need some easy money.
    Last edited by TheJoeFlaccoShow; 08-31-2012 at 08:34 AM.

Does there have to be a thread every time someone doesn't think Baltimore will run away with the division? It seems like every journalist people disagree with is some kind of moron. What ever happened to respectfully disagreeing with a opinion?
    Follow me on twitter at @dandrews66

Hensley trying to prove he isn't a Ravens homer isn't exactly being objective. :)

Look, I think anything is possible, the Ravens could finish dead last, but if you read his "logic" to back up his prediction, it's as if he wasn't paying attention to the offseason and preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    Does there have to be a thread every time someone doesn't think Baltimore will run away with the division? It seems like every journalist people disagree with is some kind of moron. What ever happened to respectfully disagreeing with a opinion?
    It isn't that Hensley is just a regular moron, he takes stupidity to another level unlike most media who can disguise their lack of knowledge rather nicely.

But I agree instead if all these random threads about him we should just sticky one called "Dumb things Jamison Hensley said today". That would work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dandrews View Post
    I made a pointed example of his moronic writing that had little to do with his prediction. It merely validated the point that his opinion is not to be respected if he cannot even do his job in a creditable manner.

I just don't like his writing, no matter if it's positive or negative, it's just not very interesting and often seems inaccurate. in other news, Don Banks says:

"11. Baltimore's defense will show its age at times this season, and the loss of disruptive outside linebacker Terrell Suggs can't be completely offset. But the Ravens, even with a tough first-place schedule, will be back in the playoffs for an NFL-best fifth consecutive season thanks to an offense that is ready to carry the load. Joe Flacco will put up career-best numbers in the no-huddle offense the Ravens will feature, and receiver Torrey Smith will be a force in the team's vertical passing game.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/08/30/2012-nfl-predictions/index.html#ixzz25816ZNJw"

The ESPN picks came out today - Hensley is the ONLY one who doesn't have the Ravens in the playoffs. The rest have them either winning the division or a Wildcard. (They are pretty much 50-50 on picking the Ravens and Steelers to win the division BTW).

So Hensley is objective? I think what kind of sucks is that Hensley wasn't bad when he was at the Sun and didn't have to worry about the "homerism". He was actually pretty objective then, and very accurate on game predictions.