Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LOL @ Hensley

LOL @ Hensley

C'mon man!

He's predicting the Ravens finishing 3rd behind the Steelers and Bengals :grbac:

He prefaces this by saying he can't win with his prediction, so he's trying to be edgy with it. Ok, there's going out on a limb to be different, but when you say the Steelers came out of the preseason with the fewest question marks, I have to wonder what you've been smoking. They don't know who is going to run the ball, their offensive line is a mess, their best receiver just reported to camp unhappy, Harrison's health is a question mark, their defensive line is in transition, need I go on?

And the Bengals? The team that couldn't beat good teams last year and seems to have regressed big time on offense, who haven't put back to back winning seasons together since 1982(!), and who've looked pretty flat this preseason?

Seriously...wow JH....

Blog Entries
    Are you surprised? Anyone with a haircut like his is automatically going to be a douche.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: LOL @ Hensley

Seems he's been relegated to the "get us some clicks or you're done" squad. He adds nothing to any discussion I've seem him involved with for some time; just says dumb stuff to get a rise out of people.

Most of the people on this board are better reads than anybody -- save Aaaron Wilson -- who is paid to cover the Ravens, or opine about them.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Are you surprised? Anyone with a haircut like his is automatically going to be a douche.
    He became such a tool when he went big time.

Blog Entries

Not sure it's that far fetched. Would not surprise me if the difference between first and third is one game. The Steelers are still a good team with a great QB and the Bengals are good too & have always played us tough. Considering we've lost our best player for most if not all of the season (a player who is more important than anyone the Steelers or Bengals have lost to injury) and have a brutal schedule, don't really see how it's outlandish that the Ravens could finish behind them both. I don't think that will happen, but I can understand people feeling that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Not sure it's that far fetched. Would not surprise me if the difference between first and third is one game. The Steelers are still a good team with a great QB and the Bengals are good too & have always played us tough. Considering we've lost our best player for most if not all of the season (a player who is more important than anyone the Steelers or Bengals have lost to injury) and have a brutal schedule, don't really see how it's outlandish that the Ravens could finish behind them both. I don't think that will happen, but I can understand people feeling that way.
    You could be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Agreed.

If you read the article, its a perfectly plausible scenario.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Agreed.

If you read the article, its a perfectly plausible scenario.
    Unfortunately I also agree the possibility exists for a third place finish.

We have a very tough schedule--we are the only AFC N team to play Houston and NE this year.

Special teams are a disaster.

We do not know who is going to generate a pass rush.

Although I think the O-line is improving, it is one injury away from a major problem.

We have a rookie kicker (albeit a very good one I think).

And I wish I saw a little more out of Jimmy Smith and Cary Williams.

With that said every NFL team has its issues because, with the tight salary cap situation, every team has holes, and every team has injuries. We could finish anywhere from first to third.

Rather than sweat it, I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride, and see how good a coach John Harbaugh is. Something tells me he is going to earn his salary this year.

And yes I think Hensley goes out of his way to try to convince the vast majority of people reading his blog (stealer and Browns fans) that he is not a Baltimore homer.
    Last edited by ed from Bel Air; 08-31-2012 at 07:11 AM.

I guess helmet head is just following in the footsteps of his immortal mentor doughnut boy.

Or (and most likely) the majority of fans can't hear anything remotely objective.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kevlar View Post
    I guess helmet head is just following in the footsteps of his immortal mentor doughnut boy.
    Exactly. Hensley is a moron. I was reading his blog on the AFC North and he totally screwed up the new IR rules. Now of course he got called out and you may think what is the big deal? I'll tell you, if you are overpaid and bad at your job at a national media outlet and do not take the time to contact the NFL when you have the connection and resources to do so to better understand the rules, then you are indeed a moron.

His opinions are worthless and he is merely the National Captain Obvious as Donut Man is our local Captain Obvious. How on earth did the Raven's end up with such trolls covering them I'll never know.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Or (and most likely) the majority of fans can't hear anything remotely objective.
    It's just the same old schtick from him. That's all.

I totally think that the Ravens could very well have a down year. I don't think it's likely given the obvious improvement with Flacco, Torrey, and Boldin, but if the Ravens were to finish say 8-8 or 9-7 and place 3rd in the division, it wouldn't surprise me.

Hensley just says the same damn thing every week. IMO he is almost as bad as the guys like Jaime Dukes and Heath Evans who completely ignore things to put a negative spin on the Ravens simply because they're not a fan. Contrarians for the sake of being contrary with very little journalistic quality to anything they really say.
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 08-31-2012 at 07:00 AM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.