Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 2012 Ravens Record?

Defense takes a major step back this year. Ray Lewis wont play anymore than 10-12 games. Luckily we have a great QB/RB duo that should pick up the slack. But it won't be enough. Cant make the playoffs every year.

9-7

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Defense takes a major step back this year. Ray Lewis wont play anymore than 10-12 games. Luckily we have a great QB/RB duo that should pick up the slack. But it won't be enough. Cant make the playoffs every year.

9-7
    The pessimist in me agrees with you, though I won't bet on Ray missing many games. I'll say a 10-6 record. Schedule is brutal. The defense seems to have taken too many punches via FA/injuries, and not enough of the youngsters seem to be stepping up. If this unit stays a Top 10 defense, Dean Pees will have done the coaching/scheming job of his life.

All of you can take heart, however, in the fact that I'm generally lousy at these kind of predictions.
    Last edited by trailhiker85; 08-31-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post

9-7
    People seem to undervalue the fact that we have a great QB AND a great feature back, not to mention a nice receiving / TE corps! I say 11-5 division champs!

Funny how the mood suddenly changes after a game when pretty much all of the starters weren't playing.

If you change your predictions based on the 4th preseason game, you've pretty much hit a new low.

My prediction, for one, isn't based on the 4th preseason game. The Ravens' tough schedule as well as their defensive woes were well known before last night. If I'm wrong, then wonderful.

Blog Entries

Could see us losing at home to the Pats, and MAYBE the Giants. Can see us losing in SD. And of course that game where we shouldn't lose but do(like every year) being the Chiefs. The other road loss being the Texans.

Just see it rough early season without Suggs. 4-3 going into the BYE. Than him coming back and reigniting the D.

So 12-4, or 11-5 with the swing being the Giants. If it was earlier in the season I'd say we beat them easily, but damn they seem to get really really good pre playoffs, and than obviously in the playoffs.

See 12-4 being good enough to win, with the 11-5 going to tiebreakers, which we win as we swept the Bungles. I really see a sweep of the division again this year. The Steelers are gonna struggle, Ben's gonna get smacked around early, and hard and their D just isn't gonna be what it was. Think the bengals will be decent but similar to last year and prob going 11-5 also.

11-5 Not even going to guess who we win or lose to or if that's enough to win the division. Our division has question marks all around but we have the hardest schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by StaticRaven View Post
    I see no reason that this team shouldn't win every game on that schedule. Is the competition stiff? Sure. Do any of you doubt the Ravens can beat every single one of those teams? Most of my doubts are about let-downs and them beating themselves more then I'm concerned about the other team. When it comes to that, I start thinking of last years WT*? games.

So I can't pick any losses on the schedule with accuracy.

They'll go 14-2 w/a first round bye. Not gonna hazard a guess about which games they'll lose, but I can almost guarantee at least one of them will be against an underdog.

If they bring it every game, I don't see any reason they can't win every game on the schedule.
    That is pretty much how I see it. 14-2 if they do not drop a couple they should not or have too many injury issues.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    One obvious thread that seems lacking so far even with the season now so close to starting is the prediction where we have a go at seeing what the Ravens'll do this year... unless I just clear missed it. If I did, my bad.

Most of the offseason questions have been answered and the remaining ones will be concluded soon enough as the last game of preseason is tonight to finalise those last couple of spots.

Ravens' schedule is not the most brutal possible, but it's certainly a big step up from last year. A lot of pro bowler quarterbacks for the year and a couple of tricky turnarounds.

Monday 10 Sept: Cincinnati Bengals
    Sunday 16 Sept: @ Philadelphia Eagles (previous game: @ Cleveland)
    Sunday 23 Sept: New England Patriots (8:20 start) (previous game: Arizona)
    Thurs 27 Sept: Cleveland Browns (previous game: Buffalo)
    Sunday 7 Oct: @ Kansas City Chiefs (previous game: San Diego)
    Sunday 14 Oct: Dallas Cowboys (previous game: BYE)
    Sunday 21 Oct: @ Houston Texans (previous game: Green Bay, SNF)
    Sunday 28 Oct: BYE
    Sunday 4 Nov: @ Cleveland Browns (previous game: San Diego)
    Sunday 11 Nov: Oakland Raiders (previous game: Tampa Bay)
    Sunday 18 Nov: @ Pittsburgh Steelers (8:20 start) (previous game: Kansas City, MNF)
    Sunday 25 Nov: @ San Diego Chargers (previous game: @ Denver)
    Sunday 2 Dec: Pittsburgh Steelers (previous game: @ Cleveland)
    Sunday 9 Dec: @ Washington Redskins (previous game: NY Giants, MNF)
    Sunday 16 Dec: Denver Broncos (previous game: @ Oakland, TNF)
    Sunday 23 Dec: New York Giants (previous game: @ Atlanta)
    Sunday 30 Dec: @ Cincinnati Bengals (previous game: @ Pittsburgh)

What do you think? Record? Individual W-Ls? How do you think the division(s) will pan out?
    Week 1: The Ravens come out and overwhelm Cincinnati early, in similar fashion to how they handled Pittsburgh in last year's week 1 game. Dalton takes some chances out of frustration and throws some picks late.

Week 2: Vick and McCoy give the defense some fits, but the Ravens run all over Philadelphia's weak run defense, while the streaky nature of the Eagle's offense, comes back to bite them in the second half, when the Ravens pull away.

Week 3: A game that the Ravens are just plain rev'd up for

Week 4: The Browns try to pound the ball. However, due to the quality of their CBs, the Ravens are able to stack the box and Weeden has issues.

Week 5: Kansas City comes up with a decent defensive scheme, but their offense struggles and the Ravens come out with an ugly victory.

Week 6: Dallas will not play sharp in this game, despite coming off of their bye week. I'm not even sure that it will be Romo's fault in this game, but Dallas leaves with an L.

Week 7: In another thread, I erroneously predicted that the Ravens would start 8-0, not realizing that they played Houston sooner than that, because Houston will give the Ravens their first loss of the season. This time, it will be the Texans who are just rev'd up for the Ravens.

Week 8: Coming off of a loss, followed by a bye, The Ravens bury the Browns.

Week 9: Carson Palmer shows flashes of what he used to be able to do to the Ravens and this one actually gets exciting. However, Oakland just can't make the plays to get over the top.

Week 10: The usual, bloodbath, decided by a TD or less. The Ravens win this one and it puts the Steelers division hopes in Jeopardy.

Week 11: San Diego has the method and Philip Rivers has the heart, but they just have too many injuries, by this point. The Ravens win convincingly.

Week 12: The Ravens take advantage of a depleted Steelers team to complete the sweep. Questions arise about whether or not the Steelers can make the playoffs, but they do manage.

Week 13: RGIII comes out scrambling, but can't take the hits for an entire game. He is more hesitant in the second half and, although he doesn't turn the ball over, Washington just cannot put up enough points.

Week 14: This is where the lack of a pass rush bites the Ravens enough to result in a loss. Meanwhile, the Ravens struggle to protect Flacco and Manning leaves with yet another victory.

Week 15: Game of the year, with the number one seed hanging in the balance, the Ravens survive in a 'heart attacker'.

Week 16: The Ravens are somewhat asleep for this one, but still manage to deal with a Bengals team already out of the running.

I'm sorry that I got the weeks mixed up.

14-2 with the number one seed. Division title and division sweep again.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

As OP, s'pose gotta throw mine in:

Monday 10 Sept: Cincinnati Bengals – Win. Think it'll be a close game, the Bengals have quite a bit of talent. The D will give up quite a bit of yards and look a bit concerning, but the O puts up enough points to seal it.
    Sunday 16 Sept: @ Philadelphia Eagles (previous game: @ Cleveland) – Loss. The last two seasons have had the Ravens' first road game being an omnishambles. While it may not be as bad as that, I think this will be difficult game that results in a loss by a score or two.
    Sunday 23 Sept: New England Patriots (8:20 start) (previous game: Arizona) – Loss. Really, really want to say this is a win. Just something tells me it won't be. Revenge will have to wait.
    Thurs 27 Sept: Cleveland Browns (previous game: Buffalo) – Win. A lethargic performance after an emotional rollercoaster yields the win, but the Ravens do make it more difficult than it need have been.
    Sunday 7 Oct: @ Kansas City Chiefs (previous game: San Diego) – Loss. The last few trips to Missouri have been good for the Ravens, but even with the extra day or two rest, the Chiefs narrowly upset the Ravens after a mediocre performance. This could be a key game for the season as it could go either way. Cassel's not a good QB, but can he get enough time to find Bowe and Baldwin?
    Sunday 14 Oct: Dallas Cowboys (previous game: BYE) – Win. The Ravens own Texas for yet one more week, improve to 10-0 vs the state. A bit of a comeback performance which has the Ravens pull away towards the end.
    Sunday 21 Oct: @ Houston Texans (previous game: Green Bay, SNF) – Loss. Are Houston as good as advertised? Hard to say. However, the streak against the state ends here, which the Ravens keep close. October's usually the worst month for Baltimore – have been 8-7 under Harbs in this month under his tenure.
    Sunday 28 Oct: BYE – In at 3-4 at the bye with some re-thinking to do and a good bye week it is.
    Sunday 4 Nov: @ Cleveland Browns (previous game: San Diego) – Win. Ravens under Harbs do very well after the bye. Baltimore have their first dominating game of the season and annihilate Cleveland.
    Sunday 11 Nov: Oakland Raiders (previous game: Tampa Bay) – Win. Ravens just have too much power for this one.
    Sunday 18 Nov: @ Pittsburgh Steelers (8:20 start) (previous game: Kansas City, MNF) – Loss. Not confident enough to predict back to back sweeps, Steelers nick it late as per the usual script.
    Sunday 25 Nov: @ San Diego Chargers (previous game: @ Denver) – Win. Back-to-back road games haven't been won for Baltimore since the 2008 playoffs. A game sandwiched between the Pittsburgh games is far from ideal nor is a trip to the west coast. Despite all this, Baltimore put in a commanding performance and sweep aside the Chargers with eye opening ease.
    Sunday 2 Dec: Pittsburgh Steelers (previous game: @ Cleveland) – Win. A shaky start is compensated by a late rally. Torrey does it again.
    Sunday 9 Dec: @ Washington Redskins (previous game: NY Giants, MNF) – Win. Redskins'll have a decent season despite their division, but RG3 has no room to run as the Ravens begin to fire on all cylinders.
    Sunday 16 Dec: Denver Broncos (previous game: @ Oakland, TNF) – Win. Manning'll begin to break down by the end of the season much like Favre did for the Jets. Easy victory.
    Sunday 23 Dec: New York Giants (previous game: @ Atlanta) – Win. A defensive line in sync swarm all over the star quarterback. Eli'll be feeling it in the morning after.
    Sunday 30 Dec: @ Cincinnati Bengals (previous game: @ Pittsburgh) – Win. Division still hangs in the balance, but the Bengals on the receiving end of a second sweep as they can't hang with a Ravens team hellbent on an inspired Superbowl run.

11-5 with the division title won on tiebreaker. #3 seed.

Feel this'll be a Ravens team that gets better as the season goes on, particularly with Sizzle's injury and his return. Pass rush will come into its own in November and December. Hopefully.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by iggyman555 View Post
    19-0
    :word

That's my prediction.

Monday 10 Sept: Cincinnati Bengals (night) W
    Sunday 16 Sept: @ Philadelphia Eagles L
    Sunday 23 Sept: New England Patriots (night) W
    Thurs 27 Sept: Cleveland Browns (night) W
    Sunday 7 Oct: @ Kansas City Chiefs W
    Sunday 14 Oct: Dallas Cowboys W
    Sunday 21 Oct: @ Houston Texans L
    Sunday 28 Oct: BYE
    Sunday 4 Nov: @ Cleveland Browns W
    Sunday 11 Nov: Oakland Raiders W
    Sunday 18 Nov: @ Pittsburgh Steelers (night) L
    Sunday 25 Nov: @ San Diego Chargers W
    Sunday 2 Dec: Pittsburgh Steelers W
    Sunday 9 Dec: @ Washington Redskins W
    Sunday 16 Dec: Denver Broncos L
    Sunday 23 Dec: New York Giants W
    Sunday 30 Dec: @ Cincinnati Bengals L

11-5

Until Suggs' return (hopefully in December), there are three big 'holes' to fill on defense. Both run and pass defense (especially the lack of a pass rush) and the offensive line are major concerns early on. The loss at Cincinnati in Week 17 will actually be an opportunity to rest the regulars before 'wildcard weekend'. Five streaks will end - unfortunately four good, one bad:
    (1) home winning streak;
    (2) winning streak against AFC North;
    (3) unbeaten streak against Houston;
    (4) home unbeaten streak against Denver;
    (5) regular season winless streak against New England.

CC
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 09-09-2012 at 09:32 PM. Reason: Switched Cincy loss from Week 1 to Week 17. Switched home loss from Giants to Denver. Modified concerns.