Blog Entries

Ryan deivers lethal blow to OBY at great convention

That's what they were saying about Ryan's speech last night. Things started out easy on the Prez with Christie not even mentioning his name the first night. Twenty mins into the speech he said Mr. President, you insulted every citizen that built a business or wanted to.

Actually, Christie's keynote speech was like OBYs at the Kerry convention. He talked a lot about himself. Translated: If Mitt loses Christie will be the next candidate like OBY was
    after his speech. He'll have to deal with Ryan though. Both are young stars of the GOP.

Ann Romney gave the best speech until Ryan's. She finally talked about what Mitt was like which allowed the country to see him personally for the first time. Twitter polls bumped her up by 34 points.

Back to Ryan's speech every analyst including FOX's liberal whom I like, Juan Williams, said it
    was a devastating speech vs the prez.

The GOP paraded a lot of minorites out on the stage. Candy Rice gave a great speech too.
    She grew up in Alabama where her parents weren't allowed to take her to a restaurant but they preached this was still the greatest country where she could become president one day.
    Well, that little girl grew up to be Secretary of State.

She also criticized OBY for not having any trade agreements while China is getting more powerful with 15 agreements in last 4 years. Bush had the last trade agreements with 3.

Guv Martinez, the hispanic Guv of New Mexico, was great too. She grew up in a border town where her dad was the deputy sheriff and her mom was an office worker. They lived from pay day to pay day until her dad started his own security company. Her mom ran the company as the secretary, her dad got the work and she became a guard watching over the Sat night bingo game in town.

And yes, she wore a Smith and Wesson hand gun which weighed more than me. The place went nuts. Then she became a prosecutor but had to testify vs her boss. then she was fired
    and ran vs for district atty. She was approached by 2 GOPs who convinced her to join and she beat her old boss by a landslide.

She also said, Mr. President, don't tell my parents that they didn't start their business. It
    had over 125 employees when she left to go to law school.

Two more good jokes. A guy from Florida who played basketball in college said I'm always asked if I played the president in basketball and I say no only because he never invited me but if he did I can beat him on 1 and 1.

He always moves to his left.

Finally Ryan said Mitt and I have our differences. You should see his iPod. He listens to
    elevator musice. My play list begins with AC/DC and ends with Led Zeplin and the place
    went nuts.

Even the analysts commented on the great humor in most of the speeches.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-30-2012 at 03:11 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Ryan deivers lethal blow to OBY at great convention

One other point and that is about O'Rawly on FOX. What an idiot. I posted on the other thread where he said the libbies are controlling this convention and there's no presence of any Reagan conservatives at all. They didn't even ask Sarah Palin to speak.

Britt Hume said that's beause she's not in any office. Well, Huck spoke and he's not in an office and is a former guv too. He' also the leader of the evangelical Christians. Condi Rice spoke and blasted OBY on defense cuts like Clinton did after the cold war and we have ourselves to fear more than China. Ever here a lib talk like that? Of course not.
    They think China is great.

You can't be any more conservative than Ryan. His speech explained what conservatism is and Hume
    pointed that out to O Rawley before time. He's a Tea Party favorite.

So I call that a good representation, maybe not like the Nixon and Reagan years but they were well represented even with a
    Christian leader getting a prime
    time slot to speak.

I also saw Newt and Michelle Bachman in the audience and some other conservatives. So once again O'Rawley is wrong.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-30-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Blog Entries

Upon further review, O Rawley might have been on to something.

There's been no mention of the Tea Party at the convention. They've talked about the movement in the
    2010 mid terms w/o mentioning Tea Party. That's a big blunder that could bite Mitt in the arse as GOP keeps shooting itself in the foot.

The “Tea Party” band — which energized and even seemed to overtake the Republican Party in 2010 — has been virtually invisible at this Republican National Convention.
    _____________________________________\

Karl Rove hates those guys.

http://hotair.com/archives/2012/08/3...ention-so-far/

Blog Entries

Even the DEM analysts are giving high marks for the convention.

One guy put it in baseball terms.

It was the top of the 7th with the game tied 3-3. GOP scored 2 runs
    and now the DEMs are coming up
    in the bottom of the 7th with two
    good speakers in Clinton and the Hamster to tie it up.

Yea, well, OBY better worry about that Clinton doesn't go to bat for the other side. He already met with them and said you have 6 months to save the country. He never got over OBY playing the race card on him.

Clinton hates him.

It will be interesting.