Blog Entries

Maryland Gun Laws: A Change on the horizon???

http://www.delmarvanow.com/article/2...ed-weapons-law

...a ruling issued this week by Federal Judge Benson E. Legg requiring officials to drop the "good and substantial" requirement from applications. The language requires applicants to provide a strong reason to carry a firearm.
    I'm not going to hold my breath because the decision has already been appealed.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...it-law-struck/

“We are, after all, talking about a civil right,” said Dave Workman, spokesman for the Second Amendment Foundation, a Bellevue, Wash.-based group that provided financial backing for the plaintiff in the lawsuit. “You should not have to explain why you want to exercise a fundamental civil right.”

The lawsuit was filed against the state in 2010 by Raymond Woollard, who received a Maryland gun permit in 2003 after an armed altercation inside his home but was denied renewal in 2009 by Maryland State Police and the state’s Handgun Permit Review Board because he could not provide documents to “verify threats beyond his residence.”
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Yeah, don't hold your breath.

It will be years before the courts can pick away enough of the unconstitutional language in the law.

Blog Entries

Re: Maryland Gun Laws: A Change on the horizon???

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Yeah, don't hold your breath.

It will be years before the courts can pick away enough of the unconstitutional language in the law.
    At least it is a step in the right direction.

One of the arguments is that "Well there is so much gun related violence in Baltimore as it is! This will only add to it!" I can't tell you how many times I've heard that.

Never mind the fact that a majority of the gun related violence in Baltimore is with illegally obtained weapons, which has little to no bearing on law abiding citizens wanting to exercise their 2nd amendment.

What's even funnier about that is there have been countless studies showing that there is a correlation between CCP/Open Carry states and having lower crime rates.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.