Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Bengals starting C Kyle Cook could miss season

More bad news for AFC North offensive lines. The Bengals have already lost left guard Travelle Wharton for the year, a solid veteran guard bought over in FA from Carolina. Now it looks like they could be without their starting center Kyle Cook for the year because of a foot injury. Kyle Cook has been a solid veteran center for the Bengals over the past few seasons, and this could be a significant loss for them, they only have Trevor Robinson, an undrafted rookie who played guard at college backing him up (was moved to center in TC).

I have to think the Bengals will be out hitting the trade market for a center, or even looking for a vet off the street, Jason Brown could be a good fit in their blocking system. If not they will be going into the season with two rookies, and a second year fourth round pick in Clint Boling.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...headline_stack
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 08-28-2012 at 01:28 PM. Reason: oops, almost forgot to provide a link

Blog Entries

Re: Bengals starting C Kyle Cook could miss season

Ouch, they have been getting hit hard with injuries. Sucks to see that happen to any team.

That sucks, I like my teams at full strength when I beats them :D

Blog Entries

Question Re: Bengals starting C Kyle Cook could miss season

This is such a brutal game that I doubt any teams go into the regular season without injuries. I think teams that go to the Super Bowl "may" have been fortunate injury-wise. IIRC, the 2000 Ravens, winners of Super Bowl XXXV, were relatively injury free... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    This is such a brutal game that I doubt any teams go into the regular season without injuries. I think teams that go to the Super Bowl "may" have been fortunate injury-wise. IIRC, the 2000 Ravens, winners of Super Bowl XXXV, were relatively injury free... Bc
    We were really fortunate last season injury wise, which IMO had a significant impact on why we did so well and got as far as we did (minus missing Grubbs for a few games and Lee Evans, who didn't do shit when he came back anyway apart from lose us the AFCCG).

The Bengals interior line and run game is going to suffer this season, and has already looked bad in the pre season. It's going to make their offense very one dimensional, Dalton is going to toss it up for AJ Green, teams have the tape on the kid and are going to just double team Green and he isn't going to have many other options. The Texans perfectly executed this in the wild card round.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Not necessarily true. I think there is a stat out there that more injury filled teams have won the superbowl. At least the last two superbowl winners did.

Blog Entries

Whoever plays at center will have fun week 1 against the Ravens trying to digest the complex looks the defense will give them.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Whoever plays at center will have fun week 1 against the Ravens trying to digest the complex looks the defense will give them.
    And going against Haloti, Terrence and Ma'ake, feel sorry (not really) for that guy

Blog Entries

The Bengals brought in Jeff Faine for a look

Quote Originally Posted by scbgirlxo View Post
    Not necessarily true. I think there is a stat out there that more injury filled teams have won the superbowl. At least the last two superbowl winners did.
    It's just whenever you see teams with the Super Bowl with mediocre regular season records, it's because they had a lot of regular season injuries, and they got healthy for the play-offs, see the 2005 Steelers, 2007 Giants, 2010 Packers (although they were still injured for the play-offs, so I don't know what's up there), and 2011 Giants.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    I beg to differ. There's nothing complex when you're a center staring at 700 lbs of strength and ability (haloti, cody). He's has to know what's coming and that he can't do anything about it:)

Quote Originally Posted by Coastergenius View Post
    It's just whenever you see teams with the Super Bowl with mediocre regular season records, it's because they had a lot of regular season injuries, and they got healthy for the play-offs, see the 2005 Steelers, 2007 Giants, 2010 Packers (although they were still injured for the play-offs, so I don't know what's up there), and 2011 Giants.
    Add the Colts of 2006, who couldn't stop the run at all UNTIL Bob Sanders came back from injury just in time for the playoff run. He doesn't come back and I believe the Ravens run all over the Colts in that playoff game. Their defense was so much worse when he was out. They could not stop the run at all without him.