Blog Entries

Great article on KO

Anyone seen this?

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...3.story?page=2

This is just another typical story that Harbaugh loves, and it's clear why the Ravens drafted him. They didn't even bring him in for a visit or a workout before the draft, and he wasn't really talked about much on here prior to the draft as a target for the Ravens (minus a few who predicted this pick).

I really am rooting for this guy to start the Monday night opener, he could eventually be a great guard for us, maybe even better than what Ben Grubbs was. I think both him and Bernard Pierce will have the biggest impact this year out of the rookie class (along with Tucker). I think Upshaw is going to be more of a project than we realised, even if he did seem like the more pro ready LB's in this years draft class.

Re: Great article on KO

Agreed, this guy is going to be a beast! Him, yanda and (hopefully) Gino will make a nasty interior line for years to come.

Blog Entries

Who predicted the Ravens would draft KO? I don't remember ever seeing his name until he was picked.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Who predicted the Ravens would draft KO? I don't remember ever seeing his name until he was picked.
    I actually thought that he wouldn't last until the 2nd round when the Ravens picked. I figured Houston or someone like that would have drafted him in the 1st round considering their need for a RT.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

I heard a couple of local radio host predicting him in the second round before we took him. Honestly, he is probably a first rounder in talent, but it worked out for us.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Well, he was nowhere on my radar until probably two weeks leading into the draft.

I did mention him as one of 3-4 potential 2nd rounders for the Ravens in my last draft projection...along with Mychal Kendricks and Vinny Curry.

My projection of KO being one of the most likely to be drafted came from the opinion that he might be more an NFL guard than tackle. It was a natural fit for the Ravens having just lost Grubbs because Osemele was polished, nasty, experience and faced some top tier talent at Iowa St and he projected as a guy who could start from day #1 at left guard. So my prediction was solid, but I was a bit off as far as his position.

Blog Entries

The FO hid their board, rankings well again.
    Part of the amazement with DeCosta (and Oz and the rest) is how they can seem so open and talk about players, praise players and not tip their hand.
    The only hand tip we should/could have smelled was Lardarius Webb after all those "extra" visits, but the 3rd round still wasn't smelled.

KO fits perfectly, anyone of us who predicted it was guessing, any other FO who would have had our board figured out would have jumped up. And we may have seen board jumping Dez by Dallas/NE....
    but KO? no obvious apparent interest, but KO saying he felt the Ravens would take him?
    That feeling could only have come from interview(s) that went well and a player knowing a team really liked what they saw of his personality. But did we know any of that? Not until they called his name, and great articles like the OP link begin appearing. I didn't expect him to last that long either from where all the mocks had him being slotted
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old