Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuts Begin

Cuts Begin

Just got a text and its predicable for the most part, Devon Drew/TE, Goda/WR, Lawrence/T, Newton/C, Maybin/CB, Scales/LS, Stewart/QB and P Williams/WR

Re: Cuts Begin

Jeff Zrebiec ‏@jeffzrebiecsun
    #Ravens roster now sits at 81 players. Have to be down to 75 by 4 p.m.tomorrow. Cook and McBean to IR two other logical moves

So a couple more to depart.

I would imagine David Reed is going to be cut at some point

The names will get more meaningful as we get closer to the final cutdown. Nothing, I mean nothing tops Cundiff at this point. I feel that most of us on this board have a good handle on how it may fall, but we could get a surprise here and there.

Blog Entries

I thought that Davon Drew would make it to the second cut. He looked better this season than he ever has in the past. I think he has a shot to get on another roster that loses a TE to injury

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ash55 View Post
    I thought so too, but like Ravor has stated several times, he is inexpensive and the coaching staff likes him. He could just as easily be IR'ed for the season and given 1 last shot next year to make this roster. Considering there is a possibility that Boldin & Jacoby Jones won't be a part of the team next year (though I do think Boldin will) there will be a legitimate chance for Reed to make the final 53 next year.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I thought that Davon Drew would make it to the second cut. He looked better this season than he ever has in the past. I think he has a shot to get on another roster that loses a TE to injury
    I'm not surprised at all.

Once this team signed Bajema I think Drew and the other TE's were as good as gone.

I'd like to see them put Figgins on the PS though.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Seattle cut TO.

That would be outright stupid, considering he is eligible for both PUP and IR. Intelligent teams, like the Ravens are, don't cut players that they can keep at no expense...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I thought so too, but like Ravor has stated several times, he is inexpensive and the coaching staff likes him. He could just as easily be IR'ed for the season and given 1 last shot next year to make this roster. Considering there is a possibility that Boldin & Jacoby Jones won't be a part of the team next year (though I do think Boldin will) there will be a legitimate chance for Reed to make the final 53 next year.
    Yeah, I'd be surprised to see Reed go, since they have other options for him this year. I am in the minority, I know, but I actually really like him. When he's not fumbling the ball or in the training room, he's probably the most explosive returner we have.

I have to agree unless David Reed does go on IR like LukeDaniel posted earlier. I was never overwhelmingly impressed with David Reed. That one game I think it was in Seattle, David Reed had two kick or punt return fumbles and a personal foul penalty. That turned me off on him.
    After watching the wide receivers this preseason, there are several who can return kicks and catch the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    That would be outright stupid, considering he is eligible for both PUP and IR. Intelligent teams, like the Ravens are, don't cut players that they can keep at no expense...
    Did not think of IR but you are right, although how long do you continue to keep someone on the roster that fumbles kick returns and is injured constantly. Maybe it's just me being biased cause I am not a fan if him.