Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Albert McClellan charged with domestic assault.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...tory?track=rss

"The alleged victim has already filed a request not to prosecute, and we are confident that when all the facts are brought to light Albert's good, clean name will be restored," Lansky said in a telephone interview. "Albert has always shown himself to be honest and forthcoming and we truly believe that any and all allegations will be disposed of favorably for Albert. Because this is a pending case, Albert will have no comment at this time."

Lansky indicated that McClellan and he immediately informed the Ravens about the arrest earlier this summer.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Albert McClellan charged with domestic assault.

"The alleged victim has already filed a request not to prosecute, and we are confident that when all the facts are brought to light Albert's good, clean name will be restored,"

Looks like a non issue.

Blog Entries

Hopefully.

still though...you hate seeing guys on your team charged with anything...let alone domestic assault.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Plenty of beat up women ask the prosecutors to drop charges.

I hope nobody was hurt, and I hope nobody gets hurt in the future, and I hope he's ok, and I hope this isn't as bad as it might be for the team, for the man, and for those around him.

I'm not going to throw dirt on him. I'm just going to hope for the best.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Not very good news, however, it seems like it's going to be solved with no real problems.

Yea, but in Goodell's Nazi police state, does he still get suspended? If I recall correctly, David Reed was never prosecuted either, and still got suspended a game.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Yea, but in Goodell's Nazi police state, does he still get suspended? If I recall correctly, David Reed was never prosecuted either, and still got suspended a game.
    The article says that McClellan isn't subject to any punishment unless he's found guilty.

Hopefully this blows over. At least this is old news in terms of the Ravens being aware of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    The article says that McClellan isn't subject to any punishment unless he's found guilty.
    The article can say that all they want, but Goodell has suspended people in the past who weren't even charged, let alone found guilty (Roethlisburger for one). Here's the thing with domestic violence: many jurisdictions have mandatory arrest laws if there is any physical evidence of violence. So if you and your wife are having an argument, she slaps you (leaving a mark on your face), and in fending her off you contact her physically leaving some kind of physical evidence on her, you both go to jail, end of story. So while you may not have struck her, or not struck her intentionally, you are now charged with domestic abuse.

We'll see how this shakes out, but if the charges get dropped or plea bargained, I think a one game suspension would be the most he gets.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    The article can say that all they want, but Goodell has suspended people in the past who weren't even charged, let alone found guilty (Roethlisburger for one). Here's the thing with domestic violence: many jurisdictions have mandatory arrest laws if there is any physical evidence of violence. So if you and your wife are having an argument, she slaps you (leaving a mark on your face), and fend her off leaving some kind of physical evidence on her, you both go to jail, end of story. So while you may not have struck her, or not struck her intentionally, you are now charged with domestic abuse.

We'll see how this shakes out, but if the charges get dropped or plea bargained, I think a one game suspension would be the most he gets.
    Yes, Roethlisberger is a great example. He was never found guilty of anything in either incident, yet got a 4 game suspension. I've never seen anything that says that you have to be convicted to be suspended. It is a very fine line IMO, because Goodell is turning into his own personal judge, jury, and executioner even when real, actual judges and juries find players not guilty.

Another woman beater in the NFL and on my team. Damn. I have zero respect for a woman beater. I hope to see him fail.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    Another woman beater in the NFL and on my team. Damn. I have zero respect for a woman beater. I hope to see him fail.
    You or I don't know the full story on this, you can't just automatically assume he is a women beater because of this.