Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Albert McClellan charged with domestic assault.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenusMaximus View Post
    Another woman beater in the NFL and on my team. Damn. I have zero respect for a woman beater. I hope to see him fail.
    And welcome to my ignore list. Talk about judge, jury, and executioner.

Another woman beater in the NFL and on my team. Damn. I have zero respect for a woman beater. I hope to see him fail.
    Whether McClellan is or is not a "woman beater" is yet to be determined. Whether you are an overreacting kneejerker has already been confirmed, though.

Blog Entries

Can I charge my sister-in-law with "domestic assault" on my bank account?
    ... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    And welcome to my ignore list. Talk about judge, jury, and executioner.
    :word
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Prematurely Judge much?

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Can I charge my sister-in-law with "domestic assault" on my bank account?
    ... Bc
    YES

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    WE DON'T NEED YOUR RESPECT BUT WE WILL BEAT UP ON YOU AND TAKE YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Perhaps unlike some, I took a moment to read the linked item that Wicked posted.

It says "The investigating officer wrote in his report that the alleged victim complained of a sore right ankle, head pain and sore right eye, but there were no visible signs of injury."

From what I can tell, it sounds like a key "witness" is McClellan's (now ex-) girlfriend's 11 year old daughter, who reportedly witnessed "...McClellan throw a lamp at her mother and push a bible against her forehead." There's a lot more hearsay and "he said - she said" in the article, and 'McClellan was arrested for battery and assault. According to the police report, he "unlawfully pushed the victim against her will and threw a lamp at her ausing[sic] her to be in fear for her physical safety."'

It seems from the information in this report that McClellan may have some 'splainin' to do, but I don't see him as a "woman beater" in this instance, either. Sounds like what may occur too often in some households, but never gets reported.

Of course, because everyone knows that the best way to ignore someone is to tell them. :girlfight

Blog Entries

i wasnt going to say anything, but why is this getting brushed under a rug, yet Cundiff cant have an "appreciation" thread without 20 people talking shit on him as a person, let alone a player? This is a bit more serious issue, Id like to think missing a kick in what comes down to a game for entertainment, is a lot less important than if a man hit or threw something at his wife/GF. We may not know the details, but just the fact that the cops had to get involved usually points to an unhealthy situation and from the report it sounds pretty damn intentional and not some accident that cops blew out of proportion. If it is true, i lost a lot of respect for McCellan. A 260lb man shoving a bible down on your head might not be "beating" but it clearly isnt right either and shouldnt be looked past just because hes going to be a significant part of a football team. do fights happen, sure, but theres a line where it stops being verbal and becomes physical, and thats where its unacceptable.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

I'm still drawing back judgment on this, because we don't know if this actually happened. If the reports are true, it's disgraceful behaver, and would hate to have a starting player on the field who acted this way. A fight at the local pub, or even a DUI is something I'm kind of willing to look past, beating your GF is NOT cool.

But I still stand by my original opinion, I doubt this happened, or at least hope it didn't.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    i wasnt going to say anything, but why is this getting brushed under a rug, yet Cundiff cant have an "appreciation" thread without 20 people talking shit on him as a person, let alone a player? This is a bit more serious issue, Id like to think missing a kick in what comes down to a game for entertainment, is a lot less important than if a man hit or threw something at his wife/GF. We may not know the details, but just the fact that the cops had to get involved usually points to an unhealthy situation and from the report it sounds pretty damn intentional and not some accident that cops blew out of proportion. If it is true, i lost a lot of respect for McCellan. A 260lb man shoving a bible down on your head might not be "beating" but it clearly isnt right either and shouldnt be looked past just because hes going to be a significant part of a football team. do fights happen, sure, but theres a line where it stops being verbal and becomes physical, and thats where its unacceptable.

I agree. The fact that she isn't pressing charges seems a little strange to me. Obviously as ESMD pointed out, she doesn't need to press charges for him to be charged, but how many times do we hear about a female getting violent and then a guy reacts in self defense and she calls the police and wants him arrested for assault/domestic battery?

It happens a lot. Right or wrong, it happens a lot.

I do think that you have a point with all of the nonsense being spoken of Cundiff in the other thread, but no one says a word in here.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    I'm still drawing back judgment on this, because we don't know if this actually happened. If the reports are true, it's disgraceful behaver, and would hate to have a starting player on the field who acted this way. A fight at the local pub, or even a DUI is something I'm kind of willing to look past, beating your GF is NOT cool.

But I still stand by my original opinion, I doubt this happened, or at least hope it didn't.
    fights at bars happen, and that i do look past as some guys really do seek that out for whatever reason. DUIs, ive done it... when i was 16 in the boonies, not in my mid 20s with cabs around every corner being a millionaire, so im not as lenient on that one.

I really hope it didnt happen either (especially in front of a child, whos the main witness), i really like McCellan as a player, but its not looking good and where theres smoke usually theres fire. I withhold final judgement, but chances are they wont come to light anyway. so the initial report may be the best we get, which doesnt paint a pretty picture.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree. The fact that she isn't pressing charges seems a little strange to me. Obviously as ESMD pointed out, she doesn't need to press charges for him to be charged, but how many times do we hear about a female getting violent and then a guy reacts in self defense and she calls the police and wants him arrested for assault/domestic battery?

It happens a lot. Right or wrong, it happens a lot.

I do think that you have a point with all of the nonsense being spoken of Cundiff in the other thread, but no one says a word in here.
    its a plausible situation, im not saying it isnt (certainly the part about saying something about his dead mother would evoke rage), but its not right regardless, imo. you dont hit women or throw things at them, or smash their heads with books. If the story said, she came at him with a knife or gun, ok, thats self defense and different, but 260lb man vs a 130lb woman is never a threat on your life. Im not naive enough to realize relationships dont exist out there like that, but they shouldnt, even if female driven. The fact she doesnt want to press charges is odd, and she may feel guilty, but at the same time, rape victims dont always come forward because they feel guilty/ashamed. They could be back together now too, in which case she wouldnt want to. its certainly a worst character flaw than Cundiff being pissy about losing his job, which i dont think any one of us would do with a smile on our face.
    Last edited by JAB1985; 08-28-2012 at 08:13 AM.
    -JAB