In Need of A Pub in Ireland

Hello fellow PurpleHearts from across the pond. I'm looking for a little advice from some locals.

My family and I will be in Dublin, Ireland on vacation for the Oct 14 game against the Cowboys. Having never been in Ireland, or Europe in general, I'm not real sure what to expect in terms of seeing American Football.

Does anyone know of a pub/sports bar in Dublin where I'll have a good chance of catching the Ravens. I'll have a couple Redskins fans with me as well, so I'm hoping for a place with multiple tv's and multiple games on.

Any recommendations or general info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: In Need of A Pub in Ireland

céad míle fáilte

The Woolshed

Multiple games will be shown, since you are in a group you can ask them to reserve a table if you want. If there is a good few of ye they'll throw in free snacks

They show everything, particularly American sports.

http://www.woolshedbaa.com

Dublin city centre is pretty small, the pub isn't in the best part of town but since there will be a few of you it'll be perfectly safe

Never been in Europe? They are nearly all Patriots fans here!!

Dublin isn't a cheap city, a pint will be around $5.50 or so, maybe a bit more but you don't have to tip
    A longneck bottle would be about the same price

While you are here go to the Guinness Storehouse, it's fantastic, tourists and locals love it
    The best Guinness is kept here, only the stuff we don't want is sent for export
    http://www.guinness-storehouse.com/en/Index.aspx
    Last edited by Irish Raven; 08-27-2012 at 06:41 PM.

I'm not from Ireland, so I don't know how things work over there, but in the UK I've only come across pubs showing the Sky Sports broadcast. They show that early game and the late game at 6pm and 9pm UK time.

I'm not sure how they can show multiple games since Sky sports only have one game on at a time, but Irish Raven will know a lot more than me, so listen to him.

Thanks for your help, Irish. The Woolshed is where we'll be if anyone happens to stop by. It would be great to meet some of you diehards!