Blog Entries

Starting team for Cincy

It's a little while away yet, but in the words of Bart Scott, I can't wait. I need to discuss it, so I was thinking of what the starting team is likely to be? Barring injuries this is how I see it...

Offense:
    QB- Flacco
    FB- Vonta Leach
    RB1- Ray Rice
    RB2- Bernard Pierce
    RB3- Bobby Rainy
    WR1- Smith
    WR2 (SLOT)- Boldin
    WR3- Jacoby Jones
    TE1- Pitta
    TE2- Dickson
    TE3 (Blocking TE)- Bajema
    LT- McKinnie
    LG- KO
    C- Birk
    RG- Yanda
    RT- Oher

Defense:
    NT- Mt. Cody
    NT2- Kemo
    DT/RE- Ngata
    DT/LE- McPhee
    DT2- Arthur Jones
    Mike LB- Ray
    Will LB- McClain
    Nickel LB- Ayanbedajo
    Rush LB- Albert McClellan
    Sam LB- Kruger
    Rush LB2- Upshaw
    Sam LB2- Kindle
    SS- Pollard
    FS- Reeeeed
    CB1- Webb (Nickel CB in Nickel packages)
    CB2- Jimmy Smith
    CB3- Cary Williams
    Dime CB- Graham

Special teams:
    PK- Tucker
    P- Koch
    KR- Jacoby Jones
    PR- Jacoby Jones
    LS- Morgan Cox
    Last edited by leachisabeast; 08-27-2012 at 06:35 AM.

Re: Starting team for Cincy

Woops this is what happens early in the AM. Did not read correctly lol. I agree with this.
    Last edited by scbgirlxo; 08-27-2012 at 09:01 AM.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

leach-
    I had to laugh, when I read your thread title and saw the potential roster, my first thought was, "How in the heck is Marvin gonna fit all those guys under his CAP?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    leach-
    I had to laugh, when I read your thread title and saw the potential roster, my first thought was, "How in the heck is Marvin gonna fit all those guys under his CAP?"
    We would welcome quite a few of those guys. :)

I think you pretty much nailed it Leach, i think Upshaw eventually works his way into the starting lineup. I think he has the skillset, strength, etc. to eventually try to bring that edge setting ability. Im comfortable with him against a RT from a pass rushing standpoint on 3rd down, his hands are so strong! If he adds a spin move and maybe another counter to his bull rush he can be lethal.

I also would expect Dickson to be the starter, i think Pitta makes more sense as the "move" guy, he also is more explosive down the seam and can manipulate the safety in that regard. With that being said i wouldnt be at all suprised if Pitta played more snaps being that i think he's the better player but i think its the best way to maximize both players effectiveness.
    Last edited by Carey; 08-27-2012 at 01:46 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    I think you pretty much nailed it Leach, i think Upshaw eventually works his way into the starting lineup. I think he has the skillset, strength, etc. to eventually try to bring that edge setting ability. Im comfortable with him against a RT from a pass rushing standpoint on 3rd down, his hands are so strong! If he adds a spin move and maybe another counter to his bull rush he can be lethal.

I also would expect Dickson to be the starter, i think Pitta makes more sense as the "move" guy, he also is more explosive down the seam and can manipulate the safety in that regard. With that being said i wouldnt be at all suprised if Pitta played more snaps being that i think he's the better player but i think its the best way to maximize both players effectiveness.
    Yeah Dickson vs Pitta, it doesn't matter to me, they will both get the same amount of reps whoever starts. It's like Jonathan Stewart vs Deangelo Williams down in Carolina.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CincyCat View Post
    We would welcome quite a few of those guys. :)
    Well I was thinking about a possible trade. You give us Andrew Whitworth, Geno Atkins, and AJ Green. In return I think it's fair that we give you Bryant McKinnie, Jacoby Jones, and Sergio Kindle. Sounds reasonable?

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

leach-
    Your magnanimity knows no bounds!;)