Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Is C. Williams equal to V. Davis

I would have taken a Colts 2 for Williams. Not too familiar with Davis

Re: Is C. Williams equal to V. Davis

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    I would have taken a Colts 2 for Williams. Not too familiar with Davis
    Davis is better. Much more talent and very young.

Seems a pretty fair trade, 2nd for Davis

To answer the question, I agree with the above, Davis is better then Williams

Davis is also under contract for 2013 at about 1.3 million.

Cary obviously is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Seems a pretty fair trade, 2nd for Davis

To answer the question, I agree with the above, Davis is better then Williams
    echo... echo...
    Vernon Davis' brother. Went to Illinois, physical specimen 6 2 or taller, big, with legitimatly loose hips for a man that large. 1st round pick of the Dolphins only a couple of years ago. Seemed liek he could be a prototype for the new corner when drafted, has disappointed from that perspective alone. Very solid starting corner.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    echo... echo...
    Vernon Davis' brother. Went to Illinois, physical specimen 6 2 or taller, big, with legitimatly loose hips for a man that large. 1st round pick of the Dolphins only a couple of years ago. Seemed liek he could be a prototype for the new corner when drafted, has disappointed from that perspective alone. Very solid starting corner.
    Davis is not 6-2...he is 5-11. Not small at that size, but you may be thinking of Sean Smith...the other big corner they drafted that year from Utah. He was the one that was 6-2.

As for Davis, he is very talented, but a BIG underachiever. I doubt he will ever be the CB the Dolphins thought when he came out (not a shutdown CB by any stretch of the imagination), but the guy is pretty good.

I'd definitely prefer him to Cary, but it isn't like Cary is a slouch athletically either.

Blog Entries

I think that Cary Williams is the more 'consistent' player.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

From what I take from Dolphin fans, Vontae is not the brightest tool in the bunch. I would also say Cary is the consistent player of the two. Vontae is boom or bust.

Blog Entries

John Harbaugh said this is the best secondary he's had since he's been here. I wouldn't do anything to screw it up

Blog Entries

Davis has better ball skills, but Cary has shown to be the better player otherwise. Everybody thought that Davis was going to be the man when he came out and that Sean Smith was going to be the project that they could try to develop. That might have something to do with the perception of Davis' shortcomings. Now, Smith is still there and Davis is gone.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    John Harbaugh said this is the best secondary he's had since he's been here. I wouldn't do anything to screw it up
    Cary Williams, Lardarius Webb and Jimmy Smith could all be #1 CBs on about a half dozen teams in the league. Danny Gorrer could probably start on a few and Asa Jackson could probably come in as a nickel for a few.

The Ravens really have three starters and two nickels, at the very least.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Davis is not 6-2...he is 5-11. Not small at that size, but you may be thinking of Sean Smith...the other big corner they drafted that year from Utah. He was the one that was 6-2.

As for Davis, he is very talented, but a BIG underachiever. I doubt he will ever be the CB the Dolphins thought when he came out (not a shutdown CB by any stretch of the imagination), but the guy is pretty good.

I'd definitely prefer him to Cary, but it isn't like Cary is a slouch athletically either.
    Ya I must have mixed that up... I thoguth they were both that big. I remember wanting both of them and being jealous that MIA did get both of them, but they haven't been quite what I thoguht they would be. good but not superb.