Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: The Steelers offensive line is going to struggle a lot this season (again)

Wallace is gonna be traded, he was suppose to be present this weekend and he was nowhere to be found.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Wallace is gonna be traded, he was suppose to be present this weekend and he was nowhere to be found.
    I dont see why they'd trade him now, he has no leverage. They're better with him this year than a future pick.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    DeCastro is done for the season, according to NFL.com.
    Patellar tendon, MCL, and meniscus? He's going to have a hard time recovering from that, period, much less this season. I don't wish injuries on any player, or any team, this is not good.

Blog Entries

I feel sorry for the player, Decastro (despite my feelings about him being a bit overrated before the draft) is a hard working blue collared guy, and I admit I was kind of jealous at the time that the Steelers managed to draft him. Decastro definitely fits in well with the Steelers, and would have fit in well with us too.

Blog Entries

I wish DeCastro all the best for his recovery. I hate the Steelers, but don't wish an injury for any player.

Blog Entries

I think it was Peter King that said "he was playing like a 5-year vet". From everything ive heard that wasnt the case and he was struggling as it was. I dont think this changes things that much for them, a stuggling rookie being replaced by an average Vet or another young player isnt much different.

I do wish him a full recovery.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

The Steelers invested a first round pick into Decastro and expected him to become an immediate starter and an immediate upgrade at the guard position. While Decastro looked like he was struggling a little, he was still a better option than whoever else they have, and now the Steelers offensive line will struggle big time against some of the pass rush they will be facing this year.
    Decastro struggled a bit in camp, but looked very solid in the preseason games. Ramon Foster will probably start at RG. He has much less upside but was our best guard last season. The biggest immediate upgrade we made was replacing Kemoeatu with Willie Colon, who played OG at Hofstra. He was our right tackle in 2009 but tore his achilles in 2010 and missed the whole season, then tore his tricep last year in our season opener beatdown (I'm sure some of you remember that game.) He should be much more solid than Kemoeatu who sucked at pass protection. I think our line will still be better at pass pro than last year.

They are probably going to start Max Starks at left tackle again, as their second round draft pick this year, Mike Adams is just not ready yet. Max Starks is serviceable, but can easily be exploited, and was just turned inside out at times last year against the likes of Terrell Suggs.
    Max Starks was not exploited last season by Suggs. In the game Suggs played against Starks Suggs had 0 tackles, 1 Assist, 0 Sacks, 1 Int and 0 Forced Fumbles You may be thinking of Jonathon Scott who was our LT in week 1. He got owned by Suggs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vinny600 View Post
    Decastro struggled a bit in camp, but looked very solid in the preseason games. Ramon Foster will probably start at RG. He has much less upside but was our best guard last season. The biggest immediate upgrade we made was replacing Kemoeatu with Willie Colon, who played OG at Hofstra. He was our right tackle in 2009 but tore his achilles in 2010 and missed the whole season, then tore his tricep last year in our season opener beatdown (I'm sure some of you remember that game.) He should be much more solid than Kemoeatu who sucked at pass protection. I think our line will still be better at pass pro than last year.
    I agree, I've always thought Willie Colon was a solid tackle, but could probably be an even better guard. I just don't know if he will stay healthy this year going over his past injuries.

Max Starks was not exploited last season by Suggs. In the game Suggs played against Starks Suggs had 0 tackles, 1 Assist, 0 Sacks, 1 Int and 0 Forced Fumbles You may be thinking of Jonathon Scott who was our LT in week 1. He got owned by Suggs.
    The only reason Suggs didn't get much pressure, wasn't because of Starks, it was because you guys put like 3 guys on him, Heath (great blocker), Starks, and Mendenhll where all asigned to block him. Suggs still came away from a game changing interception, that was probably one of the main differences in the game. I didn't specilfically mean Suggs either, that's why I said "the likes of suggs", if you go back you can see that Starks is serviceable at best, and can't always hold up against the elite pass rushers. Max Starks is essentially your Bryant McKinnie, we both need upgrades at LT.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    I wish DeCastro all the best for his recovery. I hate the Steelers, but don't wish an injury for any player.
    I'm with you. Injuries suck

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    :word I hate seeing players get injured. Especially in preseason before any of the real games even start.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    if you go back you can see that Starks is serviceable at best, and can't always hold up against the elite pass rushers. Max Starks is essentially your Bryant McKinnie, we both need upgrades at LT.
    I agree we definitely need an upgrade at LT, but our aging vets should be able to hold the fort for this season I hope.

About the Suggs INT if I recall accurately Ben threw that pick to his right. Is that typical for Suggs to be on the left side? I thought he played almost exclusively on the right (of the defense) as DE or OLB. Just wondering if maybe he moved to the right to try to get more pressure on Ben.

Blog Entries

I agree we definitely need an upgrade at LT, but our aging vets should be able to hold the fort for this season I hope.

About the Suggs INT if I recall accurately Ben threw that pick to his right. Is that typical for Suggs to be on the left side? I thought he played almost exclusively on the right (of the defense) as DE or OLB. Just wondering if maybe he moved to the right to try to get more pressure on Ben.
    Your probably right, but the Ravens like rotating players around. And tbh, I'd rather go up against Starks than Marcus Gilbert, I thought Gilbert had a great rookie year, I'm actually surprised you guys aren't at least trying him out at LT.