Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I'd like to see you tear your ACL doing this.

http://www-vrl.umich.edu/project/foo...BT2-25_scr.jpg
    Last edited by Sirdowski; 08-26-2012 at 10:30 AM.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

Re: The Steelers offensive line is going to struggle a lot this season (again)

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    It wasn't anything serious, just comments on NFL articles, tweets and things like that, not anyone with an ounce of intelligence, I guess every team in the NFL has those types of fans though.
    Yeah, I suspect you are right. Injuries suck. On the PFT comments on the story several Raven's fans came down on one who was happy about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I hate preseason, there has to be a way to scrimmage these guys without the season ending injuries.
    The hittng has been cut back but any play in football can cause an injury. MOst teams rarely start the season with the team they envisioned on paper.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    Yeah, I suspect you are right. Injuries suck. On the PFT comments on the story several Raven's fans came down on one who was happy about it.
    PFT is particularly filled with idiots, the human race is in question whenever I read comments there.

The Steelers are one of those teams like the Patriots who can suffer these supposedly "devastating" losses to key players and still manage to plug in scrubs and have them play at a high level just long enough to win football games. Are the Ravens one of those teams? With Suggs out, we might get to see.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DkBlue View Post
    The hittng has been cut back but any play in football can cause an injury.
    Wes Welker, 2010 week 17

Domonique Foxworth, 2011 training camp, day 1

Neither one of them was touched when the injury occurred.

How easily we forget how close even routine NFL play can come to the limits of what the human body can support.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    The steelers o-line always sucks. They have still manged to get to three SB's with ben under center. I wouldnt get your hopes up.
    Exactly! Roesthlisberger turns a mediocre team into a playoff contender every year.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Exactly! Roesthlisberger turns a mediocre team into a playoff contender every year.
    What are you smoking? Are you calling the Steelers team mediocre? Of course Ben has had a huge part of the Steelers winning the SB in 08 and getting there in 2011, while having a bunch of other success (granted in 2005, he was riding that team more than winning it for them) but there is no question Ben has rarely ever played on an average team. The 08 team was from top to bottom arguably the best all around team in the NFL with a flawed offensive line, but the defense was out of this world. The only area where the Steelers have struggled at is the offensive line, I'd say there is a strength in pretty much every other area on the Steelers roster, maybe they could do with a slight upgrade at RB, but Redman looks like a powerhouse and probably an upgrade over Mendenhall as crazy as that may sound.

I do have a feeling though with Reothlisberger getting up there in age, the hits he will be taking this season could prove too much for him and could cost him time in the season. The Steelers will still win some of those games without Ben because of how good their teams still is, but they aren't quite what they used to be, and it could be the difference between winning the division and a wild card berth, or even (probably really unlikely) a missed trip to the play offs.

According to Schefter in This Piece, Decastro has significant knee damage but didn't tear his ACL.
    Still sounds like the dude is down for quite some time with everything else he damaged.

Brutal!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

Pittsburgh will be fine if they can stay healthy. However, that seems to be an issue for them.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    According to Schefter in This Piece, Decastro has significant knee damage but didn't tear his ACL.
    Still sounds like the dude is down for quite some time with everything else he damaged.
    Interestingly, NFL.com is reporting that he did tear his ACL and is done for the season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100..._breaking_news

Blog Entries

DeCastro is done for the season, according to NFL.com.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore