1. Question: about the kicker position

If Tucker does get the job, will anyone get upset with him and want to get rid of him if he misses a few this year? I won't, I am giving him a few mulligans this year because of his youthfulness..And does anyone think the Ravens will ask Stover to come in and help mentor Tucker if he does get the job? Would be cool to have Matt on the sidelines once again!

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    If Tucker does get the job, will anyone get upset with him and want to get rid of him if he misses a few this year? I won't, I am giving him a few mulligans this year because of his youthfulness..And does anyone think the Ravens will ask Stover to come in and help mentor Tucker if he does get the job? Would be cool to have Matt on the sidelines once again!
    I will live with a few misses. It's going to happen. The kid seems like he has some guts and don't fear the pressure. But he hasn't been in Amy pressure spots now. I feel bad for Cundiff but he will always be hated around here. I think its time to move on just because the city will never let go of the miss.
    I think if they were gonna bring Stover in they would have done it, in camp.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Re: Question: about the kicker position

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I will live with a few misses. It's going to happen. The kid seems like he has some guts and don't fear the pressure. But he hasn't been in Amy pressure spots now. I feel bad for Cundiff but he will always be hated around here. I think its time to move on just because the city will never let go of the miss.
    I think if they were gonna bring Stover in they would have done it, in camp.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    I don't think its because of "the miss" We always had to hold our breath when Cundiff was attempting a field goal and he was terrible from beyond 50.

And does anyone think the Ravens will ask Stover to come in and help mentor Tucker if he does get the job? Would be cool to have Matt on the sidelines once again!
    Would be very welcome, maybe they'll try it

I always though Matt would take a job in community relations, some sort of media job but working for the Ravens.

Meeting the press, visiting local schools and organizations on behalf of Bisciotti, that sort of thing
    Very well spoken and popular, he would be excellent at it

Sure he could do both jobs, coaching and franchise work

I'd be a little surprised to see many people boo Tucker if he missed a kick or two if he in fact is given the job.
    Now if it became to the point where you were sitting there crossing your fingers and nervous everytime he came out (see Billy Cundiff) then I could see the boo birds starting.

Doubt Stover would be brought in to help as they already have a kicking consultant working with Tucker, but to see Stover show up from time to time to visit and offer words of wisdom wouldn't be a surprise at all.
    For all we know, it's already happened.

Interesting enough if you look at Tucker he seems to mimic Stover in certain ways like lining up bent over measuring and lining up the kick with his arm hanging down, pointing to the sky while looking up after conversions, etc.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Blog Entries

He'll get some leeway from me. All rookies do. The goal is to only have Tuck kicking extra points and kickoffs anyway. If he has to attempt any field goals, the failure is not just his.

Blog Entries

I mentioned this on the other long thread: in 2009, Hauschka (not a rookie but in his first year as the primary placekicker) wasn't let go until a month after his game-losing miss in Minny. In the interim he converted 4 out of 6 FG attempts but failed on 2 of the last 3 (his 3rd & 4th misses of the season).

I cannot imagine the team keeping Tucker but then not affording him that sort of leeway. Unless some consistent & incorrigible problem shows up.

It also obviously depends on the what kind of FGs he misses (as well as makes).

If he hits a few 50+ yarders that buys him more leeway. If his misses are long ones that also gives him more leeway than short misses.

I don't expect him to go 100% this year. But it is nice to actually have a chance to get 3 points when we are sitting at around the 32-36 yard line, unlike the last few years.

With the way the offense is playing, I hope they wouldn't need him to win a game too often anyway.

Kicking in some stadiums comes down to knowing the wind swirls which takes experience in the first place. I'm sure the coaching staff maybe thinking about that as well. No doubt Tucker gets some some time to develop that if given the job. I don't like holding my breath when Cundiff kicks because when Stover was here, we all didn't have those feelings.

Cundiff has proven to be a journeymen kicker and there is a mental hold on this city.