Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Blog Entries

Re: Flacco Contract Status

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Flacco is going to get paid huge money by the Ravens. It will be more next season than it is now. They've already said he's going nowhere. Better to pay him before the price goes up.
    I'm predicting an extension before the bye week.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

leach--
    Thanks for elaborating on what I was trying to note in my post. It's more constructive to provide the analysis and thinking behind this type of conversation v. just saying "These numbers are good/no good."

Further, IMHO it's a no-win scenario trying to argue the concept of "better" without having a starting point and definition. What does that adjective even mean? Taking two numbers like turnovers and declining completion percentage as absolutes to justify a QB's value (or not) is disingenuous without any context. You've provided a perspective that at least allows for an intelligent debate.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I'm predicting an extension before the bye week.
    Indeed. NLT the bye. It's timing alone is perfect.

From my SGIII
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    In watching the Jacksonville game it looked like Cam Cameron finally realized that the offensive line is our weakeness on offense. I saw quick slants to Boldin along with other quick action plays. We didn't have all our receivers running 9's and hoping that Flacco would have time. If this continues into the season, then i think flacco could have a great year. We've been teased by Cameron in the preseason before though. It was great to hear that both Pitta and Dickson are back at practice, but I've been impressed with Bajema so far. looks like great depth at tight end.
    Cameron never teased us like this before and trust me it's real, Joe demanded that the offense become more aggressive. If Cameron wants to protect his reputation he will keep this up, going back will expose him more and more.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    :word

Some people can't wait for Flacco to fail.
    They will be old and gray while waiting, it's not going to happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SugarRay52 View Post
    Cameron never teased us like this before and trust me it's real, Joe demanded that the offense become more aggressive. If Cameron wants to protect his reputation he will keep this up, going back will expose him more and more.
    I honestly have a feeling that Ozzie had a chat with Cameron.

Something along the lines of...

"Look, we really like you and what you've done with us since we hired you, but you really gotta let Joe play if you want to retain your job here. No more 1960's shit, we want to actually field a pro NFL offense this year, playing to everyone's strengths, we want to see something big from Flacco this year. Those are the terms if you want to carry on calling plays here."

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

"Look, we really like you and what you've done with us since we hired you, but you really gotta let Joe play if you want to retain your job here. No more 1960's shit, we want to actually field a pro NFL offense this year, playing to everyone's strengths, we want to see something big from Flacco this year. Those are the terms if you want to carry on calling plays here."
    Yeah I'm guessing the conversation went like that, the way Ozzie and Bisciotti talked up Joe at the State of Ravens press conference was also a sign of things to come. They want to properly evaluate him since money is now part of the equation. There is a buzz about the no huddle offense, more people know Cameron has been holding Joe back besides Greg Cosell (Adam Caplan Scout.com, Evan Silva RotoWorld and Pro Football Talk, Jay Glazer just to name a few). It will be ugly for Cameron if they go back to that pathetic old school offensive set.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Beau Petard View Post
    leach--
    Thanks for elaborating on what I was trying to note in my post. It's more constructive to provide the analysis and thinking behind this type of conversation v. just saying "These numbers are good/no good."

Further, IMHO it's a no-win scenario trying to argue the concept of "better" without having a starting point and definition. What does that adjective even mean? Taking two numbers like turnovers and declining completion percentage as absolutes to justify a QB's value (or not) is disingenuous without any context. You've provided a perspective that at least allows for an intelligent debate.
    I'm a pretty straight forward guy when it comes to straight forward things when it comes to analysing positions like running back, guard, or linebacker. For those positions, they are easily judged on whether they are bad, good, elite, or mediocre by what they do on the stat sheet (usually) with how many tackles/sacks/yards gained on the ground etc... You can argue about certain RB's who have maybe looked a little better then what they really are if their running behind a great offensive line, but in today's league, with how fast and strong players are, the days of mediocre RB's gaining 1k yards behind good offensive lines are gone. You either have it or you don't.

Judging a QB is a totally different kind of beast. This is why I hate talking heads or analysts just looking at someone's stats, and making a judgement on whether or not they are good or bad. Which is why I hate the blunt responses of "Flacco's completion rate dropped this year, he obviously regressed, and had his worst year as a QB". 2011 was BY FAR Flaccos best year, I am happy to argue to death with anyone who disagrees with that.

I think that this is more likely than not.

I think Joe will go out there and light up the night sky with all the receivers he's got now - and put points on the board and take control of games - and Ray Rice will get his yards keeping defenses honest and mopping up the end of games.

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post

If Joe gets sent in something he doesn't like then he'll change it. So Cammie's clown play calling can be neutralized.

I'm still concerned about personnel packages though. Not much Joe can do about that, but the "momentum of success" that Joe can create across the first month of the season will eventually be what we go with on into February.

Point:Joe could eventually get control over that too...and soon

From my SGIII
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver