Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 25 to 36 of 46
  1. #25

    Re: Flacco Contract Status



    perhaps the ravens are waiting for flacco's completion percentage to drop for a 3rd straight year or maybe they want to see if he can break his career high for turnovers in a season, which he set last year...




  2. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt CouchPotato View Post
    perhaps the ravens are waiting for flacco's completion percentage to drop for a 3rd straight year or maybe they want to see if he can break his career high for turnovers in a season, which he set last year...
    He didn't throw a career high of interceptions last year, he had as many in his rookie year (mostly to do with a 1960's style offense, and the fact that most of his receivers where the first time he had to work with them). If your going to criticize a player, at least get the facts straight before spouting a load of crap out.

    I will enjoy not seeing your useless troll comments when Flacco has a career year this season.




  3. #27
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area
    Posts
    2,105

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Sarge-
    You cite two stats for Flacco's individual performance, and they cannot be debated - he did drop in completion % (although I'd argue it was for the second straight year), and his turnovers went back to 23, same as his rookie year. (all stats I checked were on nfl.com)

    But I'm not sure what you are suggesting by that observation. IMHO, Flacco seems to be a "better" QB now than he was in 2008. He also has led the team (if one wants to credit the QB for the entire team's success) to a better post-season result than the previous two seasons. I think Flacco's statistical performance has to be assessed in context with the statistics of the other players on offense as well as the injuries, personnel, etc., with which/whom he racked up those
    declining numbers.

    I'm not saying I'd be happy if Flacco's stats continue to "deteriorate", but I'd also be much happier if his profile was less than stellar and the Ravens win a Super Bowl.




  4. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    12,071
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Joe Flacco is in a sweet position now. The way he's looking now..................
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  5. #29

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    He didn't throw a career high of interceptions last year, he had as many in his rookie year (mostly to do with a 1960's style offense, and the fact that most of his receivers where the first time he had to work with them). If your going to criticize a player, at least get the facts straight before spouting a load of crap out.

    I will enjoy not seeing your useless troll comments when Flacco has a career year this season.
    i said career high in turnovers there chief not interceptions...he had the same amount of int's and fumbles as his rookie year however last year he lost 4 more of those fumbles than his rookie season thus setting a career high with 18 giveaways....maybe you need to check your facts...

    i'm a ravens fan, i hope flacco has a great year....i just go off the facts...not wild fantasies that cam cameron and our wr corps are keeping joe flacco from being aaron rodgers, drew brees or tom brady like so many others on here..




  6. #30

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt CouchPotato View Post
    i said career high in turnovers there chief not interceptions...he had the same amount of int's and fumbles as his rookie year however last year he lost 4 more of those fumbles than his rookie season thus setting a career high with 18 giveaways....maybe you need to check your facts...

    i'm a ravens fan, i hope flacco has a great year....i just go off the facts...not wild fantasies that cam cameron and our wr corps are keeping joe flacco from being aaron rodgers, drew brees or tom brady like so many others on here..
    Numbers shmumbers. It was obvious to most Ravens fans that Flacco was improved last year, even if he didn't put up better stats.




  7. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    7,754

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Numbers shmumbers. It was obvious to most Ravens fans that Flacco was improved last year, even if he didn't put up better stats.
    This.
    "I got this." - Justin Tucker




  8. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    3,897

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Numbers shmumbers. It was obvious to most Ravens fans that Flacco was improved last year, even if he didn't put up better stats.
    I'm sorry, but there is no way to objectively evaluate a player or team without numbers having at least a small part. Fact is, he may have been a better player than his rookie season (no question in my book) but the numbers he posted did not bear this out. Additionally, the same people who want to ignore his numbers from last year do not hesitate to throw out "he's led the team to 44 wins, etc. etc.". You cant say numbers don't matter when it doesn't suit your argument, then trot them out when you want to make a point.




  9. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,152
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Numbers shmumbers. It was obvious to most Ravens fans that Flacco was improved last year, even if he didn't put up better stats.



    Some people can't wait for Flacco to fail.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #34

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I'm sorry, but there is no way to objectively evaluate a player or team without numbers having at least a small part. Fact is, he may have been a better player than his rookie season (no question in my book) but the numbers he posted did not bear this out.
    Huh? Didn't he throw for 700 more yards and 7 more td's with the same number of int's than he did as a rookie? Or are you going to cherry pick a number to make that argument? Like completion percentage...




  11. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,236
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    I'm sorry, but there is no way to objectively evaluate a player or team without numbers having at least a small part. Fact is, he may have been a better player than his rookie season (no question in my book) but the numbers he posted did not bear this out. Additionally, the same people who want to ignore his numbers from last year do not hesitate to throw out "he's led the team to 44 wins, etc. etc.". You cant say numbers don't matter when it doesn't suit your argument, then trot them out when you want to make a point.
    It's kind of different when you have a almost entirely new receiving core to work with, and run the ball a ton.

    Lets have a look at the fantasy darlings and who they've had to work with over the past.

    Tony Romo- Plays in the best stadium in the NFL, plays in a mostly defensively weak division and check who he's had to throw to over the last few seasons.
    Miles Austin
    Dez Bryant
    Jason Witten
    Laurent Robinson (Now a go to guy in Jacksonville)

    He has never really had to deal with massive amounts of change overs in offensive personnel either.

    Matt Ryan- Plays in a dome, also plays in mostly a defensively weak division.
    Gets to throw to...
    Roddy White- Top 5 receiver in the NFL
    Tony Gonzales
    Has had Mike Turner pounding the ball for him
    Julio Jones (Admittedly only had him last season, but the guy will be a top 5 receiver pretty soon, you can take that to the bank)

    Matthew Stafford- Plays in a dome, plays in mostly a defensively weak division.
    Has had Calvin Johnson to throw to (that alone is better than any other QB gets to work with)
    Brandon Pettigrew is not a bad target at all
    Nate Burleson (Solid receiver)
    Titus Young (Not as good as Torrey Smith, but a speedy threat)

    I'm not going to note the other QB's like Tom Brady, Brees, or Rogers, as they are just clearly better than Flacco, I was noting down some QB's who I think Flacco is better than, and QB's I think are masked by stats, and their receivers/environment they play in.

    Now lets have a look who Flacco has had over the course of his career.

    Anquan Boldin (Solid slot receiver, but not a top 10 guy)
    Derrick Mason (Was ageing, and started to decline after Flaccos rookie year, was never a top 10 receiver while Flacco was here)
    Todd Heap (Solid, great blocking, pass catching TE who was declining and struggled to stay healthy)
    Ray Rice- Can't argue with this, he's clearly better than any other RB the above listed guys have had.
    Torrey Smith (Raw rookie last year, looks like he could finally be a true #1 receiver for Flacco going into this year)

    Basically Flacco has NEVER had a game breaking, true freak of nature #1 receiver that all those other guys have had. Torrey Smith is finally that go to guy, he has all the tools to be a #1 receiver which is why I think we could see Flacco's statistics go up this year. Torrey Smith is big, athletic as hell, arguably the fastest receiver in the NFL, and is starting to get good at route running and pass catching. Flacco also had two emerging athletic TE's in Pitta and Dickson.

    The reason I think Flacco is better than the three listed above is simply because I think Flacco can make the throws to win games, and he has proven that, he is much more clutch than those guys. He can throw in the windy cold shit weather in Pittsburgh on a cold November night with a ton of crowd noise, and drive 99 yards up field and toss the winning TD. I have NEVER seen any of those QB's do that, sure I've seen some pretty explosive games from those guys, where you'd go away impressed as hell, but I've never seen any of them win a big game yet.




  12. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    13,642
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Flacco is going to get paid huge money by the Ravens. It will be more next season than it is now. They've already said he's going nowhere. Better to pay him before the price goes up.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland