Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 13 to 24 of 46
  1. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    section 132
    Posts
    2,645
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Flacco Contract Status



    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Im telling you guys, the deal is already done. They are just going to wait on it until this season sometime or right after the season ends.
    A lot could happen between right now and the end of the season. Flacco could end up throwing for 4300+ yards and 35+ TD's. Or he could fracture his throwing arm or blow out a knee or something. The deal isn't done until Joe Flacco signs on the dotted line.

    I really do hope it gets done in the next couple weeks or sometime during the season at the latest. There is no doubt that a deal will get done, i would just hate to see it drag into the 2013 league year. it would be a distraction not to mention cost the Ravens several millions of dollars more.




  2. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Westminster (FORMER Training Camp)
    Posts
    931

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Thinking in the PR mode, I could see the contract being announced just before the Bengals or Patriots game to get the most mileage nationally out of it.

    No source. Just writing a Hollywood script.
    Captain Offense




  3. #15
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Greensboro, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,792
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Maybe Flacco wants to play out this year to drive his price up. Maybe he doesn't want to accept the contract he's maybe been offered because he knows he is likely to have a career year, and there for will demand more money in 2013. Just a thought.
    This reminds me of that little public "spat" Flacco had when Biscotti mentioned that the team wanted to get a deal done the year before his contract expired. Flacco basically said why do we have to wait. Either you want me or you dont. The Ravens made him wait for an extension and once again they are going to pay dearly for it. Waiting to resign Flacco and paying him big money is going to cost us a combination of players.... Kruger, Dickson, Pitta, Cody, Williams, Oher.... Those are just a few young starters that are quickly approaching contract years. We probably won't lose all of them but we will lose enough of them.




  4. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    4,002

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    It could happen, but given Ozzie's track record, it would be mildly surprising. He seems to wait until the last minute on these types of things.




  5. #17

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Maybe Flacco wants to play out this year to drive his price up. Maybe he doesn't want to accept the contract he's maybe been offered because he knows he is likely to have a career year, and there for will demand more money in 2013. Just a thought.


    I think this is it. His agent keeps banging the drum that he's a top 5 QB. Tha tnotion is probably hard to sell now, But it's easier when he is tagged, and IS getting paid as one of the top 5 QB's. How can a team with a straight face tell an agent that their YOUNG, Franchise QB is worth top 5 money for one year but NOT 6 or 7? Assumign he doesn't hurt his throwing shoulder/elbow or fall off a cliff development wise, it's a good strategy.




  6. #18

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That has to be a thought. He's really set up to take it to the next level.
    In watching the Jacksonville game it looked like Cam Cameron finally realized that the offensive line is our weakeness on offense. I saw quick slants to Boldin along with other quick action plays. We didn't have all our receivers running 9's and hoping that Flacco would have time. If this continues into the season, then i think flacco could have a great year. We've been teased by Cameron in the preseason before though. It was great to hear that both Pitta and Dickson are back at practice, but I've been impressed with Bajema so far. looks like great depth at tight end.




  7. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,349
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    It could happen, but given Ozzie's track record, it would be mildly surprising. He seems to wait until the last minute on these types of things.
    Ngata? Rice? Webb?

    They know that Flacco is going to be a Raven and win as a Raven. There is no way they start all over at QB...not after all of those years of scrubs.

    It'll get done.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Cockeysville, MD
    Posts
    4,002

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Ngata? Rice? Webb?

    They know that Flacco is going to be a Raven and win as a Raven. There is no way they start all over at QB...not after all of those years of scrubs.

    It'll get done.

    IIRC they were all signed after being tagged, with the exception of Webb. Ozzie typically doesn't sign players to new deals while the under contract. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see a deal with Flacco getting done before next off season.




  9. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,349
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    IIRC they were all signed after being tagged, with the exception of Webb. Ozzie typically doesn't sign players to new deals while the under contract. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't see a deal with Flacco getting done before next off season.
    Ngata was tagged and then signed before the season started...same with Rice.

    Ozzie has definitely been more pro-active in re-signing their core players.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  10. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    13,735
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    In watching the Jacksonville game it looked like Cam Cameron finally realized that the offensive line is our weakeness on offense. I saw quick slants to Boldin along with other quick action plays. We didn't have all our receivers running 9's and hoping that Flacco would have time. If this continues into the season, then i think flacco could have a great year. We've been teased by Cameron in the preseason before though. It was great to hear that both Pitta and Dickson are back at practice, but I've been impressed with Bajema so far. looks like great depth at tight end.
    I see the opposite. Cam has been playing like the offensive line has been a weakness for years. His solution was to try and over protect Flacco which is why we saw so few 3 receiver sets and too many gadget plays. That really hasn't worked all that well. He's finally figured out is the best course of action is to let Flacco loose. Give him options and let him throw the ball. That's why I see Flacco's numbers going way up this season. He's now going to get a chance to do what most other offenses started to do years ago. That's only going to drive his price higher.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  11. #23
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    28,349
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I see the opposite. Cam has been playing like the offensive line has been a weakness for years. His solution was to try and over protect Flacco which is why we saw so few 3 receiver sets and too many gadget plays. That really hasn't worked all that well. He's finally figured out is the best course of action is to let Flacco loose. Give him options and let him throw the ball. That's why I see Flacco's numbers going way up this season. He's now going to get a chance to do what most other offenses started to do years ago. That's only going to drive his price higher.
    That's what the Giants did last year. It's what the Steelers do every year.

    It's what most teams do. I can't think of a team in the NFL where their OL is SOOOO dominant that they can just allow their QB to sit back there and do whatever he wants. The Patriots had that for a while, but Matt Light retiring this off-season has definitely impacted their OL. Brady has taken a lot of hits this pre-season.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  12. #24
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    "Merry old England"
    Posts
    9,237
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Flacco Contract Status

    Our offensive line is far from perfect, but it's a damn sight better than what the Steelers or the Giants have right now.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland