Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Flacco Contract Status

PFT had a quote from Flacco's agent about the contract talks. It was something to the effect of Joe being happy to play things out on his current deal and see what happens next year. I am still hopeful that something will get done quietly just like it did for Ray Rice. Flacco's price is just going to go up after this season. They know they want to keep him. In this case I think the Ravens are going to have to give in a little more than they would with another player.

Blog Entries
    Im telling you guys, the deal is already done. They are just going to wait on it until this season sometime or right after the season ends.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries
    Knowing you're playing for the big contract next year is almost always a good thing.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Flacco Contract Status

Maybe Flacco wants to play out this year to drive his price up. Maybe he doesn't want to accept the contract he's maybe been offered because he knows he is likely to have a career year, and there for will demand more money in 2013. Just a thought.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Maybe Flacco wants to play out this year to drive his price up. Maybe he doesn't want to accept the contract he's maybe been offered because he knows he is likely to have a career year, and there for will demand more money in 2013. Just a thought.
    Honestly, i think you may be right. With the changes to the offense i could see his numbers increasing heavily. Maybe he does too and really, evwn if he gets hurt well still resign him at a similar deal as weve offered at this point anyway. Hes only got something to gain.
    -JAB

Could be a risky proposition if he gets injured. Same reason that many think Cary should take the contract he's been offered. Time value of money and all, but to me, 40 mil right now beats 60 mil in a year. A LOT can happen in a year...

No maybe about it, that is exactly what he is thinking.

If I were the Ravens I would up the guarantee by 5 million and say let's get it done now. If he still won't go for it then at least you made a legit, increased offer. Flacco has next level written all over him this year, and next level equals higher price.

Year 5 is when a lot of QB's start to really get it. And with the weapons Flacco has in place combined with his overall maturation, I think he is going to exceed expectation this year. Even the lofty ones that some have for him.

I hope they make one final push to get it done before the season starts. If he is a 15 mill guy right now, he could easily be a 17-18 one by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Im telling you guys, the deal is already done. They are just going to wait on it until this season sometime or right after the season ends.

I agree but I think it gets done before September 10th. He's not going to risk waiting. What if he gets injured? He has a new baby at home. This deal is done.

Blog Entries

Same thing I stated in another thread. He and his agent may just want to play this thing out, or wait till sometime during the season.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Blog Entries

That has to be a thought. He's really set up to take it to the next level.

Yeah I'm sure Flacco and his agent are content to sit on this as the Raven's cap jumps significantly next year. Flacco's agent is all to happy to use a large portion of that.

Conversely, I'm sure that after the last couple of preseason games, Oz and co want this deal done in the similar time frame as Ngata. From now to week 3-4 we may hear something or the price rockets the moon on a weekly basis as Flacco destroys defenses.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    I agree but I think it gets done before September 10th. He's not going to risk waiting. What if he gets injured? He has a new baby at home. This deal is done.
    I agree, no way he goes through the whole season with no money past this year.