Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Tommy Streeter not on the field...MRI

Ah, the dreaded nudge nudge wink wink injury

Strikes athletes every August

No known cure exists but there are miraculous recoveries every February. Must be the Spring air

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    John Harbaugh: "Tommie, please step into my office".

Tommie Streeter: "What's up coach, how have you been?"

John Harbaugh: "Oh, I've been good. I'm just sorry to hear about you".

Tommie Streeter: "Hear about me? What, you're cutting me?"

John Harbaugh: "Oh no, Tommie, we envision you with the organization for a very long time. I meant your broken foot".

Tommie Streeter: "Broken foot, who told you that coach? I didn't break my foot."

John Harbaugh: "Oh, but you did......"

(John's personal assistants abandon their posts in his office and manuever toward Tommie, grabbing him by the arms, while Harbaugh simultaneously reveals a hammer that he is holding in his hand behind his desk).
    This made me Lol.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    This made me Lol.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
    The sequel coming soon....
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

A poster on another board said that rookies now have to pass through waivers before being IR. Some new rule. Can anyone confirm this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bazooka Joe View Post
    A poster on another board said that rookies now have to pass through waivers before being IR. Some new rule. Can anyone confirm this?
    Confirmed

Not just rookies

Don't you remember when the Giants cut Jake Ballard to put him on IR and the Patriots claimed him and put him on their IR

edit: better explanation below
    Last edited by Irish Raven; 08-25-2012 at 05:56 PM.

They only have to past through waivers before the first cut date.

That rule doesn't apply as of Monday at 4pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Confirmed

Not just rookies

Don't you remember when the Giants cut Jake Ballard to put him on IR and the Patriots claimed him and put him on their IR
    That changes things then.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    They only have to past through waivers before the first cut date.

That rule doesn't apply as of Monday at 4pm.
    Oh well, then Streeter to IR is back on.

Blog Entries

Im happy to keep him anyway we can, this may be how. Like its been said any other year weve had flacco hed make the team, maybe even since the SB team. Its a numbers game and thompson has out played him, if only partially at wr, but also brings STs ability. Streeters main problem is he needs reps not to hit the weights. Hes not getting reps on IR so im a little dissapointed about that and thought maybe hed sneak on as a red zone target, which after 5 years now flacco has still never been given at WR. Well see what comes of it but it does seem likely.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im happy to keep him anyway we can, this may be how. Like its been said any other year weve had flacco hed make the team, maybe even since the SB team. Its a numbers game and thompson has out played him, if only partially at wr, but also brings STs ability. Streeters main problem is he needs reps not to hit the weights. Hes not getting reps on IR so im a little dissapointed about that and thought maybe hed sneak on as a red zone target, which after 5 years now flacco has still never been given at WR. Well see what comes of it but it does seem likely.
    Yeah that is true, we have never had a end zone threat at WR since Flacco has been here, however I think that's hwat the big 6'4/5 tight ends are for. Heap, Pitta, and Dickson have all been good in the end zone through out Flacco's career.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    Yeah that is true, we have never had a end zone threat at WR since Flacco has been here, however I think that's hwat the big 6'4/5 tight ends are for. Heap, Pitta, and Dickson have all been good in the end zone through out Flacco's career.
    Id agree, pitta and dickson are pretty much our only weapons. Adding a legit wr would mean 3 guys and youd have to single somebody. I think it would be a great addition.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoeFlaccoShow View Post
    BTW it is a "sprained foot".

Allegedly.
    Yeah, he stumped his big toe getting out of bed this morning. I know he's got to be in a ton of pain.

Seriously, this isn't even news as far as I am concerned. The Ravens do this every single year and so does every other team in the NFL.