Page 12 of 41 FirstFirst ... 1011121314 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: McKinnie Gone????

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I think you're right. It's the timing that is surprising people. If this had happened Friday during cuts it wouldn't be so shocking.
    It's possible that Ozzie could have tried to move him, but could not find a suitor. That might explain why we are hearing about this so late.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Or, maybe, it's really not over yet....
    I don't see Harbs and Ozzie and Bisciotti playing around too much with this guy, you know? He's a good player, but he's a shit head off the field and you really have to question how much he really wants to play the game. He got schooled in the Jags game a couple of times when he is supposedly in competition with Oher for the starting LT job.

I'm just saying, he told Aaron Wilson he's off the squad, Garrett Downing just said that he's hearing he is off the squad...
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer
    Bryant McKinnie in a text: "We couldn't come to an agreement on a contract restructure, which leads to me being released."
    Retweeted by Baltimore Ravens
    So the Ravens will restructure McKinnie's contract at a higher guaranteed number than McKinnie could have likely gotten from another team after Week 1?

Blog Entries

Re: McKinnie Gone? (Merged)

The weirdest aspect of this entire endeavor will be that the offensive line will not only be fine, but an improvement over last year's line.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

So if they were attempting to restructure his contract does that mean they're trying to get Flacco's deal done?

Oher playing better at LT is all well and good but it's not about one player. The OL is a unit. And were now relying on two aging players to hold up the entire season not just health wise but performance wise. Having Bryant even if not a starter (which I think he should have been) at least gave us some depth in case these problems occurred.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The weirdest aspect of this entire endeavor will be that the offensive line will not only be fine, but an improvement over last year's line.
    :word I was frankly tired of seeing McKinnie give little to no effort on run plays

Blog Entries

ummm... no. even with McKinnie it wasnt better than last year. Its probably our biggest weakness to begin with outside possibly pass rusher.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    So the Ravens will restructure McKinnie's contract at a higher guaranteed number than McKinnie could have likely gotten from another team after Week 1?
    He wouldn't be the first player to make that mistake.

adbrandt 11:39am via Web

If a team comes to a player with pay cut, they have to be prepared to release him if players says no. Sounds like Ravens moving on.

Blog Entries

They already went through this once with Jared Gaither. Then, they were desperate and took a chance on Bryant McKinnie, who hasn't changed his old character. You've got Terrance Cody practically sleeping at the castle the entire off-season to be in the best shape of his life. You've got Maake Kemoeatu busting his ass for another chance to get back into the league, now looking like the guy he was a few years ago. You've got Michael Oher in the best shape of his life, with the best training camp/preseason he's had.

Bryant McKinnie does not fit the bill and the team isn't going to be bit anymore by this snake that is a lazy LT.

Seriously, when Ray Rice has to chew you out for lack of effort, there is a problem.

Seriously, when Ray Rice has to chew you out for lack of effort, there is a problem.
    When did this happen?