Page 1 of 20 123 ... LastLast

RCP Electoral Map Thread

May as well keep this one going until November ....

Romney gives back MIssouri in the latest update. Goes from Leaning Romney to Toss Up again. IIRC, that the 3rd such move between the two candidates. Quite the hot bed state.

Blog Entries

Re: RCP Electoral Map Thread

Michigan is tightening up. Pennsylvania is widening for BHO (which I have a hard time believing)

Blog Entries

Yea, but OBY just gave Ohio to Mitt and he's rather have that. Mitt has to keep him from gaining OH and Fla. Mitt has to have 1 of the 2.

Akins should have quit. Notice how he did apologize but Romney and the GOP wanted him to quit.

When Biden made his outrageous chains remarks that offended many blacks, the DEMs didn't ask him to apologize and he's still there and OBY never apologized for saying Mitt killed a woman.

OBY latest ad has a woman claiming to be a former
    GOP who is now a DEM but that lie has already
    been proven that she was never a GOP. It's over on Drudge.

The liberals are just dirty scums that are killing the country.

Back to the map, I posted Rasmussen's map months ago that said nobody wins the electoral vote and it goes to the House
    for final vote just like the Thomas Jefferson election vs Burr.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-27-2012 at 03:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Michigan is tightening up. Pennsylvania is widening for BHO (which I have a hard time believing)
    Why?

Penn always vote DEM. They have 2 large cities on the opposite
    ends of the state with all the union people and minorities.
    Everything in between goes GOP.

W spent millions and a lot of time and was determined to take PA
    in the Kerry election. He got closer than any GOP but no cigar.

OBY got it by a landslide before and will win it this time but
    maybe not by as much.

Blog Entries

This convention has disaster written all over it after watching O'Rawley. Mitt will lose those battleground states.

There's no presence of the far right anywhere at the convention unless you consider Ryan far right.

Sarah Palin, the evangelicals babe, wasn't even invited or given a prime time slot or any slot to speak to her base and that infuriates the Christians. Millions are staying home again. Over
    half of all Christians stayed home before and OBY is counting on it.

Mitt simply doesn't like the Christians and doesn't want to be identified with them.

Britt Hume said Ryan was for the conservatives but Mitt likes his fiscal policies and chose him for that according to O Rawley.

Unless the un-decides come up big for Mitt as Dick Morris thinks they will, Mitt is in big trouble.

The election is only this close because the Christians aren't voting for him.

I said I was voting for him but Im really having trouble after all this. The far right, the Reagan right has no presence at this
    convention.

Mitt will have to give the speech of his life Thursday night while OBY will speak on
    fear and emotion to motivate his base.

Blog Entries

Palin is on Hannity right now and she's in Arizona campaigning for candidates out there.

Britt said she's not in any office like before but a lot of candidates she endorsed have won like that recent big one in Texas.

She is still a force.

Screw all the libbies in both parties.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 08-28-2012 at 12:03 AM.

Getting back to the thread topic ...

If the recent polls in PA remain consistent, and it seems they will, Mitt may as well skip PA all together at this point.

RCP is showing he has a shot in VA. May as well keep his attention (and money) there.

Blog Entries

Read my post HR. I started off saying the battleground states are trouble for Mitt based on this convention and no presence of the conservative base. That has to do with the RCP map.

Dick Morris was on and his poll has Mitt ahead by 7 pts and he will win the battleground states and he used the same formula
    calling 500 likely voters as he did when he helped run the Clinton campaign. He also said the Dole campaign smeared
    Hillary and he didn't get a bump after that convention for the first time in history and OBY won't either.

Palin's absence will effect the battleground states if Morris is
    wrong.

The convention effects the RCP battleground states man.

Here are the results of Dick's polls.

www.dickmorris.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Getting back to the thread topic ...

If the recent polls in PA remain consistent, and it seems they will, Mitt may as well skip PA all together at this point.

RCP is showing he has a shot in VA. May as well keep his attention (and money) there.
    Do you read the internals of polls much?

I think you know I am highly skeptical of polling anyway, but when you get into each poll they usually tell you the numbers of whose ahead (according to each poll) doesn't make any sense.

For example in almost EVERY single poll, Mitt has a big lead among men and a lead (most of the time) among independents, expect in the latest PA poll, he's tied with BHO among men. I find that hard to believe. Additionally it says the main suburbs outside of Philly that Obama easily carried last time he's with in the margin of error (3 points).

Blog Entries

Missouri is back to Mitt.

Just following the averages, that's all.

Blog Entries

huh?